Thread: 08 moab issue

Hybrid View

danastles

Default 08 moab issue

i recently pulled my 08 moab out of the case to do some shooting. i drew back without an arrow with my release on, and when i let off, the string came right off the top wheel and stuck between the axel and the limb. this of course wrecked the string so i ordered new zebra string and cables and had them installed. ive heard about deep idler wheels available...any truth to this? unfortuneately ive lost my damn receipt sometime lately aswell. i was just wondering if there was any other such issues with this bow? also, is there any way i can register my bow without the receipt incase anything in the future happens?
    thank alot,
    dan astles.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by danastles View Post
    i recently pulled my 08 moab out of the case to do some shooting. i drew back without an arrow with my release on, and when i let off, the string came right off the top wheel and stuck between the axel and the limb. this of course wrecked the string so i ordered new zebra string and cables and had them installed. ive heard about deep idler wheels available...any truth to this? unfortuneately ive lost my damn receipt sometime lately aswell. i was just wondering if there was any other such issues with this bow? also, is there any way i can register my bow without the receipt incase anything in the future happens?
    thank alot,
    dan astles.
    Boy, i dont know. Maybe you could contact the seller and maybe get a duplicate reciept? As far as the string comming off the idler, that has probably happened to most people. My string was still ok when i did it and just reused it. When you let the bow down next time .....just focus on centering the string on to the idler and you will be fine. Just a little sideways torque will do that every time no matter how deep the cams are. You'r still good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Should never draw a bow without an arrow nocked.
    I dont even put them in my draw board without an arrow on the string.

Post Thanks / Like

i have an 8 moab never had this problem, had a cracked limb not to long after i got the bow, martin customer service took care of it right away without question. the 09 moab has a deeper chanel in the idler wheel because the ccs has the cable more out of line than a regular cable slide , i don't know if the cicumferance is the same or not .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,