Thread: String & cables Lengths

Hybrid View

RogerSr

Default String & cables Lengths

I need some input on string and cable lengths, it's for a P3 riser with 16" stright limbs and Nitrous B cam's, I know that with Elite limbs the string is
    53" and the cables are 39.5", the bow charts say that for 16" limbs it's 52" and 38.5" for the cables, but that can't be right, I would say it's more like
    51" and 37.5" any help would be great thanks Roger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    I need some input on string and cable lengths, it's for a P3 riser with 16" stright limbs and Nitrous B cam's, I know that with Elite limbs the string is
    53" and the cables are 39.5", the bow charts say that for 16" limbs it's 52" and 38.5" for the cables, but that can't be right, I would say it's more like
    51" and 37.5" any help would be great thanks Roger.

Only if they point strait up and down...which they don't. 52 and 38.5 are correct.

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    [/COLOR]

Only if they point strait up and down...which they don't. 52 and 38.5 are correct.
    If Elite limbs are 17" with a string of 53" and cables of 39.5"
    how can you put on limbs that are one inch shorter on each limb and come out with a string that is only one inch shorter? your taking two inchs off the ATA.

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    If Elite limbs are 17" with a string of 53" and cables of 39.5"
    how can you put on limbs that are one inch shorter on each limb and come out with a string that is only one inch shorter? your taking two inchs off the ATA.
    Well that would be true if the limbs were in a straight line and not curved back.
    I thought as you did when making strings for my 16" limb Scepter4 but it didn;t work out that way.. took me a few sets to get it dialed in. (luckily I use Dacron for test strings ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see if I can explain a little better. A limb in general has a set amount that it should be deflected. The longer the limb (depending on the design) can be deflected more than one shorter...not exponentially but you get the idea. That being said a 16" limb is not much shorter than a 17" limb but it still would not be deflected as much but not much difference; just like a 14" limb would not be as much as a 16" limb and a 13" limb not as much as one 14" (the shorter the limb the less the arc) so thats is when "your" reasoning would better apply (notice I said better apply but not actually apply). I understand it geometrically to where I could explain it using angles but I cant type that fast or for that long and I could show you better in person.
    I hope I have explained it enough to where you can understand. Bfisher or Copperdoc chime in if you can explain it better.

Scott

RogerSr

You did just fine, I understand what your saying and it makes more sense thanks Roger.