Thread: Warthog

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warthog

I am considering buying a 09 or 10 Warthog and need to know what the MSRP is. I also have a couple bows I am considering selling to fund the new bow. The fist one would be an 08 Mystic with Mini Mpro cam 35-50# limbs this bow is like brand new with Vapor trail string and cables. Also I have a 08 Firecat 45-60# limbs which is also like brand new has maybe 10 shots through it.

Walt Hagemeister

Default head to head results

The link is a head to head test for the warthog. I have an 08 MOAB and the speed results with 425 grain arrow where a shock to me. Suposed to be built for speed. Speeds are at 273fps. My MOAB is doing the same. I have considered the wart for it's 31 draw length but will stick with my MOAB until I can find something that is proven better across the ranch. http://bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/...cfm?page=speed

Post Thanks / Like

hotrod,
    you can find an 09 for about 500 and i have seen 10's for 700.

Walt,
    That test is kind of skewed. they state in the explanation that the bows are not put into spec and the cams are not timed if the test bow did not come to them that way. at 28" 65# 350gr arrow a Warthog that is in spec and timed will do 310-315 and with a 425gr arrow 285-290. the test showed 298 and 273 respectively my opinion is that bow was not in tune nor in spec. When I first got my firecat an IBO weight arrow was doing 293, after putting ATA and BH at spec, then tuned it turned in 306 with the same arrow. add that difference to the test numbers and you get what I have stated.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Hagemeister View Post
    The link is a head to head test for the warthog. I have an 08 MOAB and the speed results with 425 grain arrow where a shock to me. Suposed to be built for speed. Speeds are at 273fps. My MOAB is doing the same. I have considered the wart for it's 31 draw length but will stick with my MOAB until I can find something that is proven better across the ranch. http://bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/...cfm?page=speed
    I dont think the MOAB was built for speed...