Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Knocks???

Louis

Default Speed Knocks???

The 09 firecat that I am shooting has, I guess they are called speed Knocks and the two on the bottom of the string have come off and riped through the heat shrink tubeing. Is this going to mess anything up on my bow? Also should I replace them. Do they realy speed up the bow?

RogerSr

I would either replace them or take the other ones off, and yes they do add a little speed.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    The 09 firecat that I am shooting has, I guess they are called speed Knocks and the two on the bottom of the string have come off and riped through the heat shrink tubeing. Is this going to mess anything up on my bow? Also should I replace them. Do they realy speed up the bow?
    when you remove the old shrink tubing make note of where it was on the string, as placement is critical to best performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    ....the two on the bottom of the string have come off and riped through the heat shrink tubeing.....
    Hmmmm.....

Dryfire?

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by brushrat View Post
    when you remove the old shrink tubing make note of where it was on the string, as placement is critical to best performance.
    I just put new string & cables on my Guardian, the new string didn't come with speed knocks, so i put them as close to the cams as I could, but I re timed the cams on my draw board before I put them on,but these binary cams have to be timed just right if you want it to preform.
    Last edited by RogerSr; 01-18-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use speed nocks, but my chrono showed me that I got just as much speed by using Super Leeches and it made my string twang go away as well.

I don't like the S shaped leeches, they don't last long enough, but the "crossbow" style Super Leeches last a LONG time.

Post Thanks / Like

An interesting thing I read in the past few days came from the Strother Archery website. I came across this while researching speed nocks. I read Strother is using what are called No-Glove Oscillation Reducer as a combo speed nock and string leach. Here's what they say.

"We wanted a product that would double as a speed nock and reduce the string oscillation at the same time. A product that we came across is the No-Glove, it is typically used to wrap your fingers around and pull back the string, on particular bows. In this case, it is used where you usually would see the speed nocks. They add a little speed to the bow, quiet the string, and reduce the oscillation of the string. Not only that, they are easy to set in place, and they look very nice on the string."

So, while I was at Sportsman's Warehouse this past weekend I found they had some there and cheap. These rubber items come in a package containing one longer piece with two curved sections and one shorter piece with one curved section.

I haven't installed these yet but hope to this weekend. If I do and the weather cooperates I'll shoot outside and see how they work. I'll come back with a report if I do.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    Hmmmm.....

Dryfire?
    Hmmmm ????????
    Anyway...

I use 'Eliminator buttons' instead of the brass nocksets.
    On an '09 Firecat installing 5 E-buttons in place of the stock 'speednocks' resulted in the exact same speed and took all the string noise away.
    I dont have any silencers on the string or limbs and my bow is really quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
    An interesting thing I read in the past few days came from the Strother Archery website. I came across this while researching speed nocks. I read Strother is using what are called No-Glove Oscillation Reducer as a combo speed nock and string leach. Here's what they say.

"We wanted a product that would double as a speed nock and reduce the string oscillation at the same time. A product that we came across is the No-Glove, it is typically used to wrap your fingers around and pull back the string, on particular bows. In this case, it is used where you usually would see the speed nocks. They add a little speed to the bow, quiet the string, and reduce the oscillation of the string. Not only that, they are easy to set in place, and they look very nice on the string."

So, while I was at Sportsman's Warehouse this past weekend I found they had some there and cheap. These rubber items come in a package containing one longer piece with two curved sections and one shorter piece with one curved section.

I haven't installed these yet but hope to this weekend. If I do and the weather cooperates I'll shoot outside and see how they work. I'll come back with a report if I do.

just wondering if you can post a photo of this product.

Post Thanks / Like

The No-Glove...