Thread: Martin website information missing on Scepter IV for 2010

cherryju1ce

Default Martin website information missing on Scepter IV for 2010

What's the deal with the Scepter IV for 2010? I see in the picture that the limbs are square again, which is nice.

The website says that the S4 is available with either Furious cams or CAT 1.5 cams, but doesn't specify the speeds or drawlengths for both cam systems. For example, if I were to set up an S4 with 13" limbs and CAT 1.5 cams, what would the draw length and IBO rating be?

Also, I see that the ATA and BH have remained identical to what they were last year, despite the fact that last year the S4 mag was offered with 14" limbs and this year's version is offered with 13" limbs. Also, the tech chart doesn't even list string and cable lengths for the S4 with 13" limbs and CAT 1.5 cams. Thoughts?
    Last edited by cherryju1ce; 01-19-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't get one.

Just kidding.

I am not sure why this is the case. Have you checked the catalogue?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherryju1ce View Post
    What's the deal with the Scepter IV for 2010? I see in the picture that the limbs are square again, which is nice.

The website says that the S4 is available with either Furious cams or CAT 1.5 cams, but doesn't specify the speeds or drawlengths for both cam systems. For example, if I were to set up an S4 with 13" limbs and CAT 1.5 cams, what would the draw length and IBO rating be?

Also, I see that the ATA and BH have remained identical to what they were last year, despite the fact that last year the S4 mag was offered with 14" limbs and this year's version is offered with 13" limbs. Also, the tech chart doesn't even list string and cable lengths for the S4 with 13" limbs and CAT 1.5 cams. Thoughts?
    Got a question so I can learn something. Where did you get the info that the 2009 S4 Mag had 14" limbs.

As for the speed of the 2010 S4 with Cat cams? It's supposedly 335-345 fps. I would think that for as much time as you spend on AT you would have caught this. LOL. At any rate it's in the 2010 catalog. No speed listed for the Furious cams. I guess those who shoot them are not speed freaks.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

cherryju1ce

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Got a question so I can learn something. Where did you get the info that the 2009 S4 Mag had 14" limbs.

As for the speed of the 2010 S4 with Cat cams? It's supposedly 335-345 fps. I would think that for as much time as you spend on AT you would have caught this. LOL. At any rate it's in the 2010 catalog. No speed listed for the Furious cams. I guess those who shoot them are not speed freaks.
    I assumed the 09 came with 14" limbs because Martin never specified otherwise in the catalog or on the website.

I know that the speed is rated at 335-345 with the CAT 1.5 cams, but why aren't the string and cable specs listed on the website? Conversely, the string and cable lengths for the the Furious cams ARE listed on the website, but the DL range and speeds aren't.

I'm a huge Martin fan, have been since I started shooting them in 2002. Frankly, they need a little work when it comes to accuracy in their tuning and spec charts, which shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

For example, the spec charts for the Phantom Elite with Furious cams say the string is 50.5 inches and the cables are 39.25 inches (which happen to be identical specs to the S4 with mag limbs). Why is it that the Phantom's ATA is 38" while the S4's ATA is 37.25"? I ordered a set of strings for my Phantom according to Martin's chart and I had to scrap them because my ATA was 3/4" shorter than it was supposed to be when the bow was together.

Post Thanks / Like

I can'r answer why some of the specs appear to be wrong, but I would agree that they should be more detailed. For instance, they should not only have string and cable lengths, but they should have them listed for any configuration they list as optional. They should also list the limb deflection for each configuration offered so a person could order the limbs they want.

So, in short? More detail and accurate detail.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

cherryju1ce

I can'r answer why some of the specs appear to be wrong, but I would agree that they should be more detailed. For instance, they should not only have string and cable lengths, but they should have them listed for any configuration they list as optional. They should also list the limb deflection for each configuration offered so a person could order the limbs they want.

So, in short? More detail and accurate detail.
    Now we're talkin!

You going to be at the LAS Classic? I see that you're from PA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherryju1ce View Post
    Now we're talkin!

You going to be at the LAS Classic? I see that you're from PA.
    Nah, I used to do that stuff, but due to some massive muscle loss a couple years ago I can't shoot that many arrows at a time any more. Besides, I never could seem to hit anything yellow.

If I get time I might stop around just to see who all shows up and meet some of my internet compadres. I only live about 40 miles from the shop and I've known Rob Kaufold since he was wearng diapers. Used to shoot field archery with his dad back in the mid 70's.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

cherryju1ce

Nah, I used to do that stuff, but due to some massive muscle loss a couple years ago I can't shoot that many arrows at a time any more. Besides, I never could seem to hit anything yellow.

If I get time I might stop around just to see who all shows up and meet some of my internet compadres. I only live about 40 miles from the shop and I've known Rob Kaufold since he was wearng diapers. Used to shoot field archery with his dad back in the mid 70's.
    I see...must be nice to live so close to LAS

I'll probably be the only one there shooting a Green Candy Marble 2002 Phantom Elite with Fury-X cams, so if you see it, stop by and introduce yourself!