Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idler worn off after 21/2 months on new Jaguar ?

Stash

What it did to the string...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bubba101st

Looks to me like the lathe wasn't set up right when it was machined. I would have it replaced ASAP. I would think that Martin will take care of it for you. It is obviously a machining problem and in my opinion should have been caught during QC or at least during Assembly. As a machinist, It is something that i would have caught right off the lathe.

romi

All right guys, you almost convinced me that it is a machining problem. I just can't bring myself to believe that it would take me almost 3 months to see something so obvious. You know how it is, it's a new toy and besides just shooting I am trying to learn how to tune it for myself and that involves some measuring, visual examining, etc. How could I miss this for so long? Never mind Martin's QC. Anything can of course go wrong with the CNC machining, program, calibration, tools adjustment, raw part misplacement. It does happen.
    Stash from Pro Shop was kind enough and replaced my bow so now I am happily shooting from a new one. Yet, I will still watch for any signs of abrasion on the side of the cable guard.

Bubba101st, you didn't see anything like that on your bow since my is the same type?

Thanx

Myk

My Dyna idler is a little off, but I'm talking .002", nothing like that.

That's definitely machining, the radius in the groove is the same on both sides and that is where wear would happen. The piece or a tool got chucked up wrong or someone was leaning on the keypad

I'm amazed everybody between the machine and you failed to notice.

Bubba101st

Quote Originally Posted by romi
    All right guys, you almost convinced me that it is a machining problem. I just can't bring myself to believe that it would take me almost 3 months to see something so obvious. You know how it is, it's a new toy and besides just shooting I am trying to learn how to tune it for myself and that involves some measuring, visual examining, etc. How could I miss this for so long? Never mind Martin's QC. Anything can of course go wrong with the CNC machining, program, calibration, tools adjustment, raw part misplacement. It does happen.
    Stash from Pro Shop was kind enough and replaced my bow so now I am happily shooting from a new one. Yet, I will still watch for any signs of abrasion on the side of the cable guard.

Bubba101st, you didn't see anything like that on your bow since my is the same type?

Thanx
    Just to make sure I took another good look at mine. I put the calipers to it and it is about .001 to .0015 off, which is really nothing. I maybe should have mentioned that i was a machinist for a few years after I got out of the military.

Stash

Follow-up: We got a replacement idler and string/cable from Martin and have repaired the bow. Thanks to Joel and Martin Archery for the good service.

hunter

I would say..No, That is not normal.. and I bet martian takes care of it for you ..There service has always been good to me ..