Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Martin Bengal vs 2009 Martin Bengal

kbaird83

Quote Originally Posted by wildjim View Post
    Funny the guy that told me about Hoyt said that Mathews spent more money promoting the their products than designing them : )
    they both spend insane amounts of money on marketing. in my opinion the larger companies such as mathews, hoyt, bowtech, diamond, ect dont make a better bow they just have better marketing. plus the hoyt/reflexs are ugly with the hand guard deal and the new mathews risers look like they got the design from a milk crate. my bengal and my high country are the best bows i have ever had and both arent marketed very heavily.

wildjim

Quote Originally Posted by kbaird83 View Post
    they both spend insane amounts of money on marketing. in my opinion the larger companies such as mathews, hoyt, bowtech, diamond, ect dont make a better bow they just have better marketing. plus the hoyt/reflexs are ugly with the hand guard deal and the new mathews risers look like they got the design from a milk crate. my bengal and my high country are the best bows i have ever had and both arent marketed very heavily.
    Yeah I noticed right away that the users are the marketing for Martin Archery, that is impressive!

I am also looking and the Martin Shadowcat but I can find an actual retail price yet. I assume its too early and 2010 model distribution isn't yet in full swing.

The current 2009 Martin Bengal price and review make it irresistable.

Post Thanks / Like

The guys I shoot with shoot PSE x-force, Matthews Reezen, and Hoyt Katera. They are amazed at the Bengal, are surprised they haven't heard more about it, and really can't believe what I paid for it. I bought the 09 bengal. Just couldn't see paying the extra money for a '10 when there were no real differences other than the renaming of the cam. What the big 4(PSE, HOYT, BOWTECH, HOYT) companies spend on advertising can't help but drive up the cost of their bows.

Post Thanks / Like

do yourself a favor and get the 60# your shoulders will last a lot longer.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

drevilmike77

Talking

I would save some cash and get a 09 Bengal. They are a smooth shooting bow with a solid wall and no hand shock. Plus they look nice too!

09.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

You have to quit posting that picture. It's giving me ideas and my wife is ready to kick my butt now. That is a sharp looking. I do think you need to get a pic that is in better focus though.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

CTShooter

Send it to me, I'll take some really nice pictures of it, of me shooting it, of it hanging in my bow rack......

Seriously though, is that a "stock" bow that can be ordered?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTShooter View Post
    Send it to me, I'll take some really nice pictures of it, of me shooting it, of it hanging in my bow rack......

Seriously though, is that a "stock" bow that can be ordered?
    I don't know the man personally nor have I seen the bow except in the pictures. I can tell you straight up it's a custom job. He had the riser redone, and from the looks a very nice job.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

drevilmike77

I need a new camera. I had the riser powder coated. Ill post new pics in march. Going to have my Nitrous cams installed down at Crackes Shop.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by drevilmike77 View Post
    I need a new camera. I had the riser powder coated. Ill post new pics in march. Going to have my Nitrous cams installed down at Crackes Shop.
    nitrous cams on a bengal.....i would love to see that!