Thread: Nitrous-X conversion part 2

nikram58

Default Nitrous-X conversion part 2

The cables on the MV2 I have converted to Nitrous-X B cams are 3/8" shorter than recommended. They are 41" even, 41 3/8" would make them the ATA + 1 1/2" as is suggested. What kind of a difference will this make to the bow? Is it worth the $$ to buy a cable set 3/8" longer? I need to buy a proper length string, and will just get the whole set if the 3/8" is significant.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Brad-

Post Thanks / Like

3/8" less ATA will make your BH a tad higher and increase your max DW by no more than 2#, probably 1#.

The important thing, is that your string be 13.5" +/- 0.25", longer than your cables.

A shorter string will give you less DW and DL. A longer string will give you more DW and DL.

Most people go longer vs shorter, but with the NOS cam, that also adds to the BH, because the damping lobes push the string back.

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by nikram58 View Post
    The cables on the MV2 I have converted to Nitrous-X B cams are 3/8" shorter than recommended. They are 41" even, 41 3/8" would make them the ATA + 1 1/2" as is suggested. What kind of a difference will this make to the bow? Is it worth the $$ to buy a cable set 3/8" longer? I need to buy a proper length string, and will just get the whole set if the 3/8" is significant.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Brad-
    Yes you can use the cables you have with a new string, but if it were me I would just have a set made with string and cables, but I'm kinda picky about such things

nikram58

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
    Brad-