• Pantera

5 12.82%
  • other you tell me?

14 35.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which one?

txcookie

Default Which one?

I cant decide on wich martin to get. I have to order online do too my location however I have shot a couple of martins 08 Firecat FireHawk and an Alien. Like them all and alot. I am looking for a fast rig for hunting at lower wts. What are your opinions?

the poll is what I am really looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats your DL?

txcookie

29dl

I am looking reall hard at the wart hog just cuz of the ibo speed and what I have read about its accuracy? Would like as much input as I can get.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little biased, owning an 08 Firecat, but I think the Firecat TR2 would be my choice for hunting. I like the overall package of light weight, relatively small package, speed and accuracy my Firecat provides and mine doesn't have the benefits of the CAT-2 cams, new 5-layer limbs and improved limb cups the 2010 Firecat TR2 has. The Alien with Hybrix cams would be my other choice if you're willing to spend a little more money. These will give you more than adequate speeds at lower draw weight so they will be pleasant to shoot and still take game with authority.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made torque reducing cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

txcookie

awesome post there rocky and great points!!! I am just not diggin the alien as much as the Hog or kitty

JT38off

im a fan of single cams so the tr1 is a good choice imo for speed and simpicity!

Post Thanks / Like

I own a Warthog, have shot a Bengal. I wouldn't trade my Warthog for anything. The extra ATA and mass make it hold better for me than the shorter bows. And with my 28" DL the speed is nice too.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

fxdwgkd

I can't really speak for any of the ones in the poll. However I can tell you I recently got a Firehawk and really like it. It is pretty fast and suprisingly quiet. The only con to my set up is with the short ata the sting is at an angle that I hve not been able to get my peep to line up properly. If I were to purchase another it would be the Firecat.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were so blessed as to have a 29" draw length my choice for a 2010 Martin would have been easy as pie. It would be a ShadowCat. Not the fastest of the bunch, but a fairly straight riser and 41+ A2A would make for a pretty forgiving bow. And if my 2004 Slayr can be used for comparison I would think speeds of around 320 would be possible. My Slayr was getting 299 fps at 27" draw and 53#, IBO rated at 325 fps.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Bfisher, but my problem ain't about the DL but monetary and concerning our lousy dealers
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows