Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Razor X up and running

bigbob

Default Razor X up and running

Just thought I would give an up date on the Razor x I bought 'new' but old stock.Finally got it set up and had a few shots. Man am I impressed as a life long finger shooter. After setting the pins and a couple of shake down shots I put three arrows in a one inch group at 20 Meters! It has a vapourtrail limbdriver rest ,Truglo 5 pin sight, S coil stabilizer and jim fletcher peep and I am very pleased with it, ---BUT the only sour note is serving damage at the cam / module join, - when I contacted Martin they said it was 'normal' and not to worry about it. It is not so much the serving seperation as the string being flattened or distorted at that spot. Dont want to have to re string it every few weeks.I sent Martin another email to that effect but no reply.

brushrat

how bout some pics..........

bigbob

what pics -the bow or the serving damage? In any case, I will have to wait until my daughter comes home as I'm not the best on uploading stuff .

brushrat

i was was just curious as to what Martin calls "normal".

Don't worry bout pics if your not set up to do that.......its, no "biggy".

bigbob

Default serving damage

Here's a look at the serving and string. Macro lens wouldnt pick it up properly , but you might see the string is flattened where the serving is spread.Can only see it getting worse not better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

brushrat

i disagree with Martin. That looks like more than what i would consider normal. I am not an expert on strings and servings, but even with a very sharp bend on the modual that still seems excessive. Maybe someone else has an opinion?

That looks like it will make a real fine hunting bow regardless.

bigbob

Thanks. I agree that it seems excessive. Perhaps I better email the pics to Martin.Havent been able to use the bow out hunting as yet as I have difficulty being able to access suitable areas where I currently live, but am working on it.I have a cougar elite I use barebow for comps., and dont intend to go to this bow for them, as I get too much enjoyment from hitting the same zone as some one with all the gear.Not that I always do of course, but when I do, I get more from it than I would with sights etc.Hope some others might make a comment on the string damage, although it is not quite as obvious in the photos as it is really.

bigbob

Any body else got an opinion on the serving and string damage?

Dave308

Yeah, that seems like way to much damage for that little of shooting. Do you have another mod for it? If not maybe one of us here can round one up for you.

bigbob

Just put another metal mod on it to replace the previous one, both F7 to suit the dyna cam and made no difference as far as I can tell