Thread: Bengal 09 string is wearing off

Hybrid View

Camilo

Default Bengal 09 string is wearing off

Hi.
    I just bought a bengal 09 from a friend, he rarely used it.

Now i'm using it a lot and seen that the string is being weared off by the idler wheel.
    I see that the angle made by the string from the idler wheel to the string separator is too wide and is making the string to enter too diagonal in the wheel and is getting friction to one of he wheel edges.

what should i do?
    i'd think about two options:
    - change the string sepparator?
    or
    - add twists to one of the upper cable sides so the limb twists al little and compensates the angle .. ? ( think this is not a good idea, but still an idea )

Thanks.

wildjim

Quote Originally Posted by Camilo View Post
    Hi.
    I just bought a bengal 09 from a friend, he rarely used it.

Now i'm using it a lot and seen that the string is being weared off by the idler wheel.
    I see that the angle made by the string from the idler wheel to the string separator is too wide and is making the string to enter too diagonal in the wheel and is getting friction to one of he wheel edges.

what should i do?
    i'd think about two options:
    - change the string sepparator?
    or
    - add twists to one of the upper cable sides so the limb twists al little and compensates the angle .. ? ( think this is not a good idea, but still an idea )

Thanks.
    Maybe the design changes to the 2010 model is to correct a cable wear problem?

Dave308

If its the factory string it needs to be served at the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. The factory strings are not served on the idler and will show wear quickly if not served. The factory strings are the ONLY thing on the bow i would change.

brushrat

on my 08 bengal i had to put 8 twists into one side of the the cable yoke to get the cam lean out. After that, there was no wear on the string. I took it off after about 1 year for a backup string. It, also did not come with serving around the idler wheel. Knowing there was potental for wear in that area i kept lots of wax on it.. My last string i bought from martin was served around the idler. Go figure, some do and some don't.

Camilo

Quote Originally Posted by brushrat View Post
    on my 08 bengal i had to put 8 twists into one side of the the cable yoke to get the cam lean out. After that, there was no wear on the string. I took it off after about 1 year for a backup string. It, also did not come with serving around the idler wheel. Knowing there was potental for wear in that area i kept lots of wax on it.. My last string i bought from martin was served around the idler. Go figure, some do and some don't.
    Thank You. Ill try the twists.