Thread: old dog meets new firecat

Gregor

Default old dog meets new firecat

the last new bow i picked up was in 2002- a matthews q2. it has been a decent bow but i really didn't know what i was missing until recently. i've heard nothing but good things about martin archery since i got into archery in 1989.

while scanning ebay for deals i spotted a 2008 martin firecat pro x and decided to bid on it. first off, i was shocked at the low bidding. i thought there was some kind of problem with the bow. i ended up winning the slightly used bow tricked out for a song. that's only part of the good karma.

this firecat blows smoke rings around my q2. i must admit i was one of those dudes who yawned at guys smacking the 'speed' talk. i have killed a pickup load of deer with slow bows and didn't think i'd ever fall prey to the speed disease. the value of the bow attracted me- but the raw speed amazed me.

currently, i don't own a target that will stop a field point with this bow. i'm blowing thru my old block like its not even there! it is taking some getting used to the draw cycle and the CAT cams- but once past the valley- wow, the let off and zero creep are two amazing features.

well, i've crowed enuff about my firecat pro x that i've killed nothing but pine cones with- but that will soon change come september.

Sonny

Congrats on your good buy! I'm new to Martin also and they do make great priced, awsome shooting bows. I bought an 09 Bengal and love it. I as you said never knew what i was missing out on.

Gregor

Thanks Sonny,

This is the most accurate bow I've ever shot. I just added a Max Jax stabilizer with some additional weight at the end. It has tightened up my groups even more.

How's your Bengal grouping? Bet you got a good deal in it as well. I've never belonged to an archery forum, looking to learn a bit and share what I know.

Thanks,

Gregor