Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you select your bow?

Gregor

Default Why did you select your bow?

I thought it would be interesting to see why everyone picked out the bow they are currently shooting. Choose from the group below.

A. Name recognition
    B. Price point/great deal
    C. Speed
    D. Family or friend referral
    E. I didn't- it was a gift
    F. My spouse wouldn't let me buy the one I really wanted

I'll start this show. My 2008 Firecat Pro X was selected because of "B"- it was a great deal in an already put together, ready-to-hunt package. I'm finding that it has lots of speed, but that's isn't why I bought it.

Although Martin has an excellent name- I had never heard much about them and don't know any hunters in my part of the country that hunts with them. It's Matthews, Hoyt, and PSE's around my parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default new bow stage 2

f f f f f do u get it

Dax Jacklin

Being new to the sport, a month ago I didn't know one bow from another...A kid at my Son's archery class had a Martin Jaguar recurve,so when I started looking at bows on the net I remembered the name and really liked the looks of the Martin bows on the website... I was thinking of getting a Bengal, but found a great deal on the 09 Moab at the local Archery store...Though I have very little to compare it to, I really have enjoyed the 2 Outings to the range I've had shooting the Moab.
    Last edited by Dax Jacklin; 02-17-2010 at 02:58 PM.

tommyhydro

Default why i got my bow

well i have shot martins for all of my life, 2 years ago i finally broke the string on my unknown year martin impala, all i had money for was a pse. shot it for a year and wanted to go back to what i knew in martins, the cheetah had the speed, look, and proven martin durability/dependability for the right price. now i will never shoot another bow again

Gregor

A rebuttal for the "F" problem.

Wife: "Honey did you buy a new bow?"

Me: "I'd like a new bow, but no dear I have not bought a new bow."

Truth: I bought a used bow (2 years old)

Yet another good reason to buy used.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring back this old thread to life.............................

Firecat....B-price point
    Saber......E-gift
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Don

I had a Cougar lll and wanted a newer bow. I saw the Shadowcat and likeed the way it looked so I bought one. Best thing I have done for my shooting.
    Don.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the dates this time.

'08 Cheetah- it found me on craigslist. The ad said "the bow is to short and I want to get something longer". I responded with "ive got one that's to long for me('05 PSE Primos STL),wanna trade?". We got together and I traded my bare PSE + a few $ for the Cheetah fully dressed w arrows.

Athens Accomplice 34- originally I had a Hoyt Alphamax 35. My ex-wife bought it for me for watching her 2 and 4yr old girls so she could watch the superbowl w some friends. That was a Craigslist steal at $425(not bad for 3hrs of watching kids watch cartoons,lol). I didn't like the draw cycle(for a hunting bow)and traded it on AT classifieds for the Athens.

after trading bows back n forth for 4mos,ive got it down to 2 bows that are an absolute pleasure to shoot and I won't be getting rid of them for a few years,if ever. I'm trying to talk my wife into a NEW bow because "ive only owned one NEW bow,ever and want something that I pick out". I'll pout and whine my way into a new bow soon. Mark my words. If I didn't have 6 kids that think they need to eat,id have one already.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I saw the dates this time.
    Congratulations, you beat the spammers this time. The score is now Spammers:3 Hawg:1

Does anyone have any idea on who's going to win? (GO SPAMMERS)LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I WILL be the VICTOR!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340