Thread: Cam lean or not??

david7188

Default Cam lean or not??

Hello

I have a martin moab 09.When I draw the bow the string come to the right of the idler,its normal??or its cam lean??

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to tell from that outstanding pic.
    (Were you taking the pic, while holding the bow at full draw at the same time?)

It looks to me, like you are just severely torquing the grip.

Post Thanks / Like

my cheetah does that too, just to the left of the idler. shoots fine so ive quit worring about it.

09cheetah

I have the same problem with my 09 cheetah and I have heard of many other people with 09 cheetahs that have had this problem and has caused issues. For me it was cocked enough that my string has came off my idler wheel twice. I called martin and they said that since mine is leaning left I would have to get the bow in a press and twist the top right cable string to tighten the right side and it should bring the string to the middle of the idler wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

I am aware this is an old thread but the CCS will always pull the string in that direction off the front of the idler wheel. As far as I have been informed that should not cause any major issues as that is on the draw cycle. There is more of an issue if you have the lean off the rear of the cam which could ride off on the firing cycle.

The only small issue with the draw cycle is the string can get chewed, I have seen some bows where they have served that part of the string. I have also heard that some people will fit 1/8 inch washer on the front bolt between the riser & the CCS arm. According to them it removes some of the lean & helps to reduce string fray.

Personally I would like to speak to Martin before making such a design change.
    Testing testing