Thread: cheetah draw length range

aquaholic

Default cheetah draw length range

Lookin at a used cheetah bow, year is unknown it looks like a single cam (nitrous?)
    with a 27 DL. 30-50# DW. Can this be bumped to 30" DL with a module change or adjusting the current one out. I wish I had more info but I don't.
    thanks, Doug
    Last edited by aquaholic; 02-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Dave308

The longest DL on the cheetahs are 29".

aquaholic

Thanks for the reply Dave. That's what I was afraid of ... so ,the hunt continues.

aquaholic

More info is now known. It is a 1997 cheetah m-55 with the uni-cam.The Martin tech page gives a DL range of 27-32 ". Is this done by modules , cam adjustment or separate cams for each DL? If w/ modules ... are these still available to acheive a 30 " DL?

Dave308

Maybe someone else can help you out, I'm not to familiar with the older bows.

Post Thanks / Like

Default UniCam

The UniCam is available in seven different sizes to accommodate any draw length. Each UniCam offers adjustment, longer or shorter, one inch in half inch increments for fine tuning of draw length, using three string anchors on each side of the UniCam. All UniCam bows are shipped from the factory in the center draw length.
    To lengthen the draw one inch, the string will be moved to the anchor that is closest to the axle hole on both sides of the cam. To shorten the draw length simply move the string to the anchor that is farthest from the axle hole on both sides of the cam. These adjustments will have no effect on nock point adjustment, but the bow will lose or gain three pounds for one inch adjustment.
    When adjusting draw length for half inch increments, leave the shooting string in the center anchor and adjust the return string to the long or the short anchor.
    When adjusting one side of the cam only, your nock point setting will change.
    An additional inch or half inch can be subtracted using the adjustments on the Idler Wheel. The adjustments are made just as they are on the UniCam.