Thread: Martin Orion

Hybrid View

Ranger

Default Martin Orion

The cam on my Orion was like the Jaguar and it was machined off center and I phoned martin about it and was told to contact where I bought it and they (Martin) would send out the parts to fix it, so I contacted them and they told me just to bring the bow in and they would switch it out for a new one. So thanks to Stash he was very helpful, switched the bow and set it up for me and I was a happy camper again. I am real new to compound bows and when I shot the martin orion it felt right to me and I thought that, that would be a good starter bow for me. It will be mostly used for hunting and some target practice. When it comes time to upgrade would I choose a Martin, I really think so. Again, thanks Stash and Martin Archery for not making my first experience with compound bows a bad experience.

Stash

This is the second Martin we've had returned for the same problem in just a couple of weeks. http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...read.php?t=621
    This time it was an Orion with Tru-Arc+ cams - the top cam was machined off-center, leaving a knife edge that was wearing the serving.

This bow also seems to have a problem with the lower cam being off-line. It leans way too far at the rest position this way \ looking from the back (RH bow). When you draw it, the cable tightening throws it even more off-line, causing wear on the cable. I think maybe the limb was drilled off-center.

Anyways, we're going to be sending the whole bow back to Martin for a look-see.

By the way, we got the replacement idler and string/cable for the Jaguar from Martin promptly, and all is well with that bow.

Myk

"Hey, it's that Stash guy making another order. Do we have any of those off center cams left?"