Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the draw length

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Thanks Ehunter. Grrrrr these damn short arms of mine Good for bench pressing though
    Wait a minute guys. Just so there's no confusion the Warthog and FireCat TR1 are two different bows and use different cams.

First we were talking about the HOG. This has Cat cams and a rotating module that adjusts in 1/2" increments.

The TR1 has the Accutrac cam and uses the "f" modules for draw length change and each increase in "f" number means 1" increase.

Maybe you guys know this, but I didn't want anybody confused as we abruptly went from the Warthof to the FireCat TR1.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Wait a minute guys. Just so there's no confusion the Warthog and FireCat TR1 are two different bows and use different cams.

First we were talking about the HOG. This has Cat cams and a rotating module that adjusts in 1/2" increments.

The TR1 has the Accutrac cam and uses the "f" modules for draw length change and each increase in "f" number means 1" increase.

Maybe you guys know this, but I didn't want anybody confused as we abruptly went from the Warthof to the FireCat TR1.
    You are correct. Thank's Bfisher. Sorry i am the guy with the firecat, didn't mean to jack this thread. Anywho, i called my martin dealer and asked him what my dl would be while using the f - 5 module and he said tthat it would be a 30" dl. It start's at f - 1 which equal's a 26" dl and an f - 2 would equal a 27" dl And so on and so forth. The firecat tr1 was only supposed to have six modules in total but for some reason my bow came with seven modules which is why i was lost and couldn't figure out if each module was a half inch or a full inch. Everyway i was trying the math just wouldn't add up. So again i am sorry for jacking this thread. And thank's to everyone who was trying to help me. Op if you need some help in finding your dl for your worthog let me know and i will call my dealer if noone on here can help you figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Barry, my mistake. I forgot about the extra peg for the half inch adjustments on the single cams.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Im lost here.im readind single cam,dual cam ect...if we can lets start from the begining.f mod gives a person one inch of dl.i have a dl of twenty eight.five and the f four feels like it gives my the best let off and no string creep.i am running acutract cam.is there somthin wrong with my bow or am i just lost.im think this meen a new thread

Post Thanks / Like

The Warthog has the C.A.T cams on it. It has an adjustable module on it.
    The position (#) on it goes from 27"-30" in 1/2" increments. #1 is 27", #2 is 27.5" etc. For a 30.5" or 31" draw length - There is a different module that only has those two positions. (The long draw module.)

The Firecat TR1 has the Acu-Trak cam. It uses the replaceable modules.
    Each module gives you 1" of draw length. There are two pegs on it that give you the 1/2" difference in draw length.
    Now - this part confuses me also - the TR-1 goes from 26"-31". That is 6 different modules (along with the 1/2" peg adjustments) but they have 7 modules (F1-F7)
    One of the modules is not used (I believe the F4) which leaves you with the 6 that make up the 26"-31" draw length.
    Why this is so I do not know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    The Warthog has the C.A.T cams on it. It has an adjustable module on it.
    The position (#) on it goes from 27"-30" in 1/2" increments. #1 is 27", #2 is 27.5" etc. For a 30.5" or 31" draw length - There is a different module that only has those two positions. (The long draw module.)

The Firecat TR1 has the Acu-Trak cam. It uses the replaceable modules.
    Each module gives you 1" of draw length. There are two pegs on it that give you the 1/2" difference in draw length.
    Now - this part confuses me also - the TR-1 goes from 26"-31". That is 6 different modules (along with the 1/2" peg adjustments) but they have 7 modules (F1-F7)
    One of the modules is not used (I believe the F4) which leaves you with the 6 that make up the 26"-31" draw length.
    Why this is so I do not know.
    Well when i called my martin dealer he said my firecat tr1 was only supposed to have six modules, not seven. However i did get seven modules and found that the f - 6 module doesnt work for my bow and the f - 4 works just fine....just to short for my draw lenth. so i have an f - 5 module on now and i believe my dl with the f - 5 module is 30".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Well when i called my martin dealer he said my firecat tr1 was only supposed to have six modules, not seven. However i did get seven modules and found that the f - 6 module doesnt work for my bow and the f - 4 works just fine....just to short for my draw lenth. so i have an f - 5 module on now and i believe my dl with the f - 5 module is 30".
    So:
    F1= 26"
    F2= 27"
    F3= 28"
    F4= 29"
    F5= 30"
    F6= N/A
    F7= 31"

I knew one wasn't used - just couldn't remember which one.

Post Thanks / Like

I've often seen the specs indicating one of the modules isn't used. As each mod ncreases the draw by 1" I just can't get it in my head that they skip one somewhere in the middle, but I guess that's just how it is.

Martinbowhunter, we'll forgve you this time for jacking this thread. It did add some confusion as you are talking about a different cam system than that on the Warthog. I realize you want to participate, but next time please start your own thread so we can stay on track. No harm done.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    So:
    F1= 26"
    F2= 27"
    F3= 28"
    F4= 29"
    F5= 30"
    F6= N/A
    F7= 31"

I knew one wasn't used - just couldn't remember which one.
    Correct. That darn F6 threw me way off.

Post Thanks / Like

next time please start your own thread so we can stay on track. No harm done.[/QUOTE]

Will do bfisher.
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-09-2011 at 10:52 AM.