Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheetah 2008

hunhunter

Default cheetah 2008

Hello.it would be my question, that the cheetah ccs system can be kitted on to the earlier (2008) bow ?I know that is not compatible, but possibly solvable, that with a little transformation this the let two work together? Or, the bow will be wrong?
    I thank you for your helping!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all: Welcome to this forum! It's good to see new people from Europe here...... It won't be possible and i think it's not necessary. You must drill and thread the riser and this will void the warranty and may break the bow. If you succeed in this you'll need new string and cables and also the limbs will be preloaded with about 5#. So my advice is: don't do it at all
    Last edited by alex; 03-01-2010 at 02:51 AM.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

hunhunter

Hi Alex!
    Thank you for yor answer....that's not good news.
    What you believe in America, which very
    best Martin bow?Warthog,Firecat,Rytera alien
    Which one do you use?
    i'm going I drink a beer!
    bye

hunhunter

Bulgaria?????

i think about you you are american people
    I drink again

Post Thanks / Like

The news aren't so bad - in the matter of fact i don't like the CCS. I think the simpler the better. I don't know about our American friends, but i think the best Martin bow now is the Shadowcat. Of course i haven't seen it or tried it, but from what i read and from the pictures i think it's a great bow. The Warthog also looks good, but i have the feeling it's not very popular - don't know why. The hit is Martin Firecat - it's the most popular Martin compound bow for the last 2 years-it has some issues, but gives speed at a relatively smooth draw and its price is great for the quality, even in Europe/Bulgaria. I have a 2008 MOAB which is an excellent bow, especially for beginners. Hope you'll come regularly to this forum-except me the other eropean here is Montalaar from Germany.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The news aren't so bad - in the matter of fact i don't like the CCS. I think the simpler the better. I don't know about our American friends, but i think the best Martin bow now is the Shadowcat. Of course i haven't seen it or tried it, but from what i read and from the pictures i think it's a great bow. The Warthog also looks good, but i have the feeling it's not very popular - don't know why. The hit is Martin Firecat - it's the most popular Martin compound bow for the last 2 years-it has some issues, but gives speed at a relatively smooth draw and its price is great for the quality, even in Europe/Bulgaria. I have a 2008 MOAB which is an excellent bow, especially for beginners. Hope you'll come regularly to this forum-except me the other eropean here is Montalaar from Germany.
    I'm completely with Alex on this. The ShadowCat has almost all the attributes I've been looking for since I parted with my 2004 SlayR. The only drawback is that it won't fit my short drawlength (26.5").

And please do stick around here or at least drop in. We on this forum are not all from the USA. We have guys from Canada, Bulgaria, Germany, and I think even one fellow from China.

What impresses me the most about this forum is that the guys are pretty much all respectful of each other and helpful and courteous toward others. More so than I can say for some other forums I'm a member of. The knowledge base is something I find just a bit short of incredible.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

hunhunter

Default ????

Alex,i write for you a letter two days before, but I not find it.You read it?
    I to write it, i'm sorry there is not job for you... everywhere so now,very heavy.
    Your Mongolian bow(made in Hun )who is it manufacturer?
    Grózer archery is a very good Hungarian bow!
    I was for me laminated wood bow turkish(made in Hun.)by Grózer....very ,very good bow ,very fast,and not vibration,good bow

Post Thanks / Like

It's made either by Toth Zoltan or by Quadrex Family - in the traditional bows hungarian website they look the same and i'm not sure. Grozer bows are great, but aren't sold here. I haven't received a message 2 days ago, but i see 4 new ones today and i'll answer.

hunhunter

Default hello

Alex,if can on every account try it a laminated bow by Grózer!
    I had it traditional bow by Tóth Zolán ...it was my first bow.....,but now is only compound by Martin.I had it PSE nova, but didn't like it.
    And now i would like a firecat.

Post Thanks / Like

And i'd like to have a Shadowcat The horsebow is very good, may be one day i'll buy another model by Zoltan, because here i can't find a Grozer or Kassai.