Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about my new bow

Brandon

Exclamation about my new bow

hey guys i just bought a new bow and wondering what your guys opinion is about it

62"Sage TD Recurve 45lb Color olive green and neutral bought it off of ebay for just under 150 i was wondering is with this bow it say's this:

This is a New samick Sage Takedown it is a 62 inch recurve. The bow is 45 pounds at 28 inches. The riser of this bow is made of olive dymondwood and hard Maple laminated riser. Limbs are hard Maple with black fiberglass single tapered knob and metal limb pocket design. Riser is cut past center with a Crown to the arrow shelf. It features brass plunger stabilizer and Sight and quiver bushings. It has fast flight Phenolic reinforced limb tips. This bow has a recommended brace height of 7 1/2 8 1/4 inches. This is a great entry level to Intermediate level bow. Having the options to put a stabilizer or plunger button and mount a quiver or Sight on this bow is a great feature. I tested this bow and founded it to perform extremely well for a bow in its price range. The draw is smooth the arrow is cast with authority. It was an easy bow to pattern and I found it to be very user-friendly. Hard bow to beat for the price.

i know it say's i can use F/F string on this but i've heard of some limbs snaping cause of the pressure from that kind of string I was wondering if I can just use my dacon string B50 i belive it is and just make one for that bow if that would be the safest bet??

oh and i flemish mine own camo brown and dark green color

Post Thanks / Like

Samick bows are quite good as far as i know. You'd better stick to the Dacron string - some fps don't pay the risk to break the bow.
    Last edited by alex; 03-09-2010 at 07:26 AM.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

If you like just stick with B50. B50 will creep much more and is much heavier but will work well.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

RogerSr

If it has reinforced limb tips witch it does, you can use ether one, I use fast flight on my TD recurves, but there is no problem with ether one.

Zarrow

Hello there,

new to the forum and to Archery. Recently ordered a samic sage after reading reviews on 3Rivers and Peteward's website.

Been having a little trouble with arrow flight. Does anyone know what kind of carbon arrows would be best for this bow??

I an using redheads Carbon supremes 250 with 125 grain field tips and they tend to hit the target at an angle and higher as well. Not entirely sure about the spine as it was recommended by a bass pro mills sales person.

Not sure if it is my brace height. I am using a fast flight flemish string and have have silencer tabs on the limbs but it is still very loud.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Destroyer

I only shoot alloy's from traditional bows. Carbons don't soak up enough energy, even at the heavier arrow weight's (expensive). I know carbons are trendy but they don't do much for trad bows. Not big on fastflight strings either.

What draw weight & draw length?

Rule of thumb, don't go under 9 grains per pound of draw weight.

Zarrow

Bow is 35lbs at 28". My draw length is 26"

Arrows have a spine of .395 and 8.2grains per inch. Arrow length is 28 Inches.

Destroyer

Your arrow is way over spined. Should be looking at a shaft with .690 or more. Too stiff will make some noise, slap the riser.

Zarrow

Thank you Destroyer.

Much appreciated. That means I'll be spending some more $$

Any particular arrows you would recommend?

Destroyer

Easton Jazz in 1816 or 1916. My brother paper tuned 1816's out of his 38# black widow @ 26" today, bullet holes! Thought they would be too light but even with 125 grain points they shot well.