Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ccs package

Thundervee

Default ccs package

Do I need to take my bow to a pro shop to have this put on or can I do it myself without a press ?
    Thank's

Post Thanks / Like

fairly certain you will need to press the bow in order to remove the string and cable and route them through the CCS.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all does your bow accept a CCS? If so you don't need a bowpress, it'll just make the job easier. Turn the limb bolts till there's no pressure on the string and cable, disconnect them and install the CCS.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Thundervee

It's a 2010 Cheetah Can I not just take the clip off on the side of the ccs and take the roller out and put it back together around the string? It looks like I could I was just wondering about taking the strings loose from the slider thats on it? I probably aint explaining this too well Thanks for the reply's

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand of your plans, yes, you could do it that way. You'll still want to loosen the limb bolts enough to take the tension off the strings and cables though. Otherwise, you'll be fighting against the string tension to get your attachment screws ligned up. It'll be alot easier to back the limb bolts out and get some slack in the strings. Taking the strings off the slide is pretty self-explanatory. There again, some slack will make the job MUCH easier.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether the CCS can be taken apart, may be somebody else will help you more...Nevermind, you must loosen the string and cables - the CCS adds about 5# of DW as far as i know and if you work with maxed limbs something bad may happen
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

According to Martin for proper cam rotation and to keep the Draw weight the same you need a 1/2 inch longer cable. Some have kept the 34 inch cable and had no problems; others have reported it cracked their limbs.

Thundervee

I talked to Martin today and they said nothing about buying a longer cable,it has the 5h limbs on it already,
    Anyway they pretty much said the same thing that Ehunter said..

Thank's Guy's!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the 010 Cheetah is different than the 09 Bengal that they told me to get a 1/2 longer cable. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I finally know what I'm talking about for once! lol