Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions

Post Thanks / Like

I've never noticed much difference.
    They typically come two strips to a pack, but as guy in this video shows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WNx...eature=related you can put them on using one of them.
    Even a small tie wrap works ok too for holding them in place when mounted as shown in vid.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

sluggo

Love the video. Don't even think I could screw that up. I'm going to try that on one of my other bows tonight.

tarheeler88

Sluggo,

I hate to dissapoint...but I have an '08 and the best I can get out of a 390 gr. arrow with a biscuit at 29" is 252...this is after a great deal of tweaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tarheeler88 View Post
    Sluggo,

I hate to dissapoint...but I have an '08 and the best I can get out of a 390 gr. arrow with a biscuit at 29" is 252...this is after a great deal of tweaking.
    I noticed you mentioned a Warthog not shooting very fast either. What draw weight are you shooting these bows? .......or maybe should ask, what chronograph, used under what kind of lighting?

Between the 1" shorter draw length and 40gr over IBO arrow weight, there's typically only about 20 fps drop from IBO
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

sluggo

The bow came in the mail yesterday so the weight of a 2009 Cheetah with CSS & STS and nothing else on it is 3lbs 15oz. The STS is only 1.5oz of that. I don't know how they come up with 3.4 lbs. Maybe if you took off the cable guard, string, cable, cam, idler wheel and stripped off the camo paint. Also the max draw weight is 64lbs and it is supposed to be a 55-70lb bow. Not sure what to do about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    The bow came in the mail yesterday so the weight of a 2009 Cheetah with CSS & STS and nothing else on it is 3lbs 15oz. The STS is only 1.5oz of that. I don't know how they come up with 3.4 lbs. Maybe if you took off the cable guard, string, cable, cam, idler wheel and stripped off the camo paint. Also the max draw weight is 64lbs and it is supposed to be a 55-70lb bow. Not sure what to do about that.
    Same thing happened to me and my 09 bengal as far as draw weight goes. Add twitsts to the cable to get it to peak at 70 lbs. Also, check all your specs such as A2A and BH.

sluggo

Thanks for the suggestion on checking A2A & brace height. I was going to try adding a few twists to the cable when I got home tonight but hadn't thought about checking those bow specs.

DonsHarley

Having the correct draw length will also stop wrist slap.

sluggo

I messed up and added twists to the string. That didn't work. Then I was told the errors of my ways and untwisted the string and twisted the cable and got it up to 70lbs. FYI, velocity at 62lbs with 384 gr arrows is 269fps with 28" draw with cat wiskers, d-loop, peep and whisker bisket. All this trial and error stuff is kinda fun. I added Diamond Vibrablocks and it took the funky noises out of the bow.