Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat 1.5 or Hybrix 1.5 cam ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat 1.5 or Hybrix 1.5 cam ?????

Fellas I posted the following on AT with no response yet. Maybe someone here has a clue.

"Folks I recieved my 2010 Shadow Cat the other day...set it up and have been shooting it for a couple of weeks now. Shoots so good I almost have an organism. When it first arrived I noticed it had Hybrix mods on it so I figured it had Hybrix cams......so I called Joel at Martin and asked him if they put a few together with the Hybrix instead if the Cats and he said they probably just put Hybrix mods on it (he said its pretty much the same as the Cat mod just with a little smoother draw), anyway to make a long story short...has anyone recieved theirs with cams other than the Cats and if so can someone shoot me a pic of a Hybrix 1.5 so I can definatly come the conclusion of what kind of cam my "Cat" has, cause it don't look like a Cat cam of any sort?"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scott,

go to this thread: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1

and scroll down. There is a large pic of an Alien.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I already saw it. I don't think it is a 1.5. It's probably the larger one.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, post a pic if possible. I've got 2010 Cat cams on my FireCat so I could see how yours compare to mine. I'd love to be able to compare them to the ones on my Alien Z, but alas, I'm still patiently waiting for the "Z" to arrive. Would you believe I ordered it Nov. 6th?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to post some pics ASAP. Just as a note...I am talking about 1.5 Matrix or Cats not the regular cams for either.

JimmyIkeLee

Default cat 1.5. vs hybrix

You have the cat 1.5 cams on your bow. they used those mods on a few to get them shipped out

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JIL I will take your word for that. They do seem to be more concentric than the regular cats though.

Post Thanks / Like

Barry here are the pics. Let me know. Thanks, Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

Looking at the pics, which you should have resized smaller but will do for now, I'd definitely say you have the Hybrix 1.5. Those don't look anything like any Cat cam I've seen.

So how do you like that ShadowCat? Too bad it doesn't go short enough for me. I think with the riser geometry and A2A it would make a very acceptable dual purpose bow for 3D and field. Maybe even work fairly well for target.

So what's the chance you'll retire a Scepter or two now that you've made a venture into the modern era?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyIkeLee View Post
    You have the cat 1.5 cams on your bow. they used those mods on a few to get them shipped out
    Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Thanks JIL I will take your word for that. They do seem to be more concentric than the regular cats though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Barry here are the pics. Let me know. Thanks, Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Scott,

Looking at the pics, which you should have resized smaller but will do for now, I'd definitely say you have the Hybrix 1.5. Those don't look anything like any Cat cam I've seen.

So how do you like that ShadowCat? Too bad it doesn't go short enough for me. I think with the riser geometry and A2A it would make a very acceptable dual purpose bow for 3D and field. Maybe even work fairly well for target.

So what's the chance you'll retire a Scepter or two now that you've made a venture into the modern era?
    JIL, I take it from your location and your ocupation you would definatly know for sure. Will you please confirm Barry's (Bfisher's) assumptions. Barry I will repost and tell you how I like it.

Thanks all,

Scott