Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin bows

just went to AT and looked at hunting bows. had to go 7 pages before i saw the first martin for sale and it was an "03 jaguar. imop that shows that once you own a martin it's hard to want anything else. seems to me they found out they spent way too much money for a lot of hype. i'm sure they're good bows but come on 8-900.00 for a bare bow. any other thoughts. Russ

Post Thanks / Like

i know some just like to have the newest of everything but still

oncechance

I too out of curiosity went to the classifieds to check out Martin bows for sale. I didn't find very many. A lot of Mathews and Hoyts and many in between but not many Martins. That gave me a good feeling of purchasing a Martin bow this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed the same thing at times. Seems to me you guys have your heads screwed on right. As for prices? How many think paying $1700 for a new Matrix is going to make you a professional quality archer right off the bat?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well...

A friend of mine seels the Matrix for 800. Interested? :P

Sorry for hijacking that thread.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I shot a lot of bows before buying my 09 Bengal last month. I kept looking for a reason to spend the extra money on hoyt,pse,mathews,or bowtech and couldn't find a reason. Glad I found Martin. Great bows at Great prices.

Post Thanks / Like

glad i'm not the only one thinking this. gonna put same question on AT, bet i get hammered
    '01 Phantom Magnum
    hostage rest
    Radial X Weave stl hunter 300
    impact sights
    '10 Firecat TR2 60#

tommyhydro

Default soooooo true

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I've noticed the same thing at times. Seems to me you guys have your heads screwed on right. As for prices? How many think paying $1700 for a new Matrix is going to make you a professional quality archer right off the bat?
    a buddy of mine just bought the Z7 and we went shooting.....he couldnt get consistent groups @ 20yds.(my '09cheetah groups 4"@60yds) i watched him shoot and found out that he was choking his grip, so when it comes down to it, if you aint shootin right.....the pricetag on your rig wont help ya.....just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

asked this same question on AT. can't get but one response. guess guess i'm right no one can justify it or they think it's such a stupid remark it doesnt justify a response
    '01 Phantom Magnum
    hostage rest
    Radial X Weave stl hunter 300
    impact sights
    '10 Firecat TR2 60#

fxdwgkd

Quote Originally Posted by russ65034 View Post
    glad i'm not the only one thinking this. gonna put same question on AT, bet i get hammered
    Bet not. Never seen any bad reviews of Martins' on AT. There are just to many fanboys out there that think they need to spend the big bucks to get something good. It makes them feel all warm and fuzzy when they say, "yeah I only shoot a Mathews". Catch us if you can??, well boys you have been caught, weighed, measured, and thrown you back.