Thread: RE: Adjusting the draw weight on Threshold Compound Bow Adventure Series

esanjam

Question RE: Adjusting the draw weight on Threshold Compound Bow Adventure Series

I recently purchased a Martin Threshold Compound Bow-Adventure Series. I've read the manual on how to adjust the Draw Weight but am having difficulty understanding how to make the adjustment to a lower draw weight. If anyone has advice on making the adjustment I would appreciate the help.

James Ellison

Coop

Default I believe I can...

There are two limb bolts.. turn them counter clockwise, one complete turn on each bolt(top & bottom), should lesson the draw weight about 3 lbs.
    I'm not sure about this(it should be in your manual), but, I think you can only go a total of five turns to still be safe to shoot your bow. Please check your manual.
    Hope this helps..

Coop
    Last edited by Coop; 03-21-2010 at 01:15 PM.

esanjam

Default Thanks for your response

Thanks. We tried using the allen wrench that came with it and was unable to get it to turn.

Post Thanks / Like

Put some oil on the threaded part of the bolts and wait a couple of hours. This may help, if doesn't - go to the dealer.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

theknight

I have the experience but I will charge :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theknight View Post
    I have the experience but I will charge :P
    Could you explain that please.?