Thread: alien x timing

Post Thanks / Like

Default alien x timing

bought a used xlien x , i think the timing is not correct the bow is very noisy, is there a written timing procedure that a person could beg, borrow or buy from someone?
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Bowfreak

Default Alien X timing, maybe not

Hi bowgramp59,

You may not have a timing issue, the bow may be loud due to one, if not both, of the cams slapping agiainst the bow limb(s). I have this problem. If this is the case, you should see marks on the cam. The mark on the cam was not smeared along the cam, but small and directly across from the limb when the bow is at rest. I concluded that when firing the bow and the cams returns to resting position the top cam slaps against the limb causing the noise and vibration. I had some luck by lowering the draw weight and attaching some sims limbsavers to absorb some of the noise. I will be looking at it again in the next couple of weeks but I am not optimistic. There is only about one eigth of an inch clearance between the cam and the limb, and no yolks to adjust. I set the timing as per the manufactures instructions and nothing helped.

Bowfreak

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue with a New alien x , I was told the cams are out of time but I couldnt see that they were out of time at all. Even if they were it shouldnt of sounded as bad as it did and you would think the bow would come from the factory at least shootable. Very dissapointed I took it back and complained enough I got my money back and bought a Mathews Reezen now this thing quiet fast and super accurate. So sometimes the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence, Good luck with yours

Post Thanks / Like

i'm beginning to think that i made a big mistake, i ordered a new alien x a couple of months ago, still no sign of it in sight i have no idea of when it might get here. i'm seroiusly thinking about calling my pro shop dealer and see about canceling the order. i saw a alien x over at at classifieds he must have had 20 bowjax on that bow, and it was for sale there is a lot of alien x and alien z and nemises for sale over there [ 2010's]
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Pa. Shooter

Default Rytera !!

Hang in there...it will be worth your wait !!!
    I have shot and owned.... a lot of different bows in the last couple of years, and the Rytera/ Martin line are GREAT bows. I think the bow you seen with all the Bowjax stuff...the guy is gut a BOWJAX NUT !!!! LOL I had two Alien X's last year, and I'm shooting the 2010 Nemesis......WOW, what a sweet bow.
    The CS is also awsome. If this makes you feel any better, I got rid of a 2008.5 Elite Z28, Hoyt alphamax 32, Athens 32, Bowtech Commander, and a few more......and DON"T miss any of them Hang in there !!!!!

Steve

sawtellpeak

ditto above. just converted to a new alien x and I couldn't be happier. very smooth drawing, easy to hold, very good balance, smooth shooting. Right out of the box, it had some string noise at first, but realized I hadn't adjusted the sts. Great shooting bow in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not complaining about the way it shoots. i shot it some before i had shoulder surgery. you guys are right it shoots like a dream smooth easy to draw and fast and accurate! i figured out a way to check the position of the cams in relation to the limbs there's not a thousandth of difference in either one, so i think the cams are in time. when i get back to shooting in a couple months, i will figure it out and get it where i can live with it, hopely before hunting season, anyway the arrow will be there before they here it .as fast as this bow is!
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Timing is checked/set with the bow at full draw. When at full draw the cables have to be coming off the modules in the same spot. When it is in time - the cams may be a hair off at rest in relation to the limbs.