Thread: 09 Firecat tuning

ksig512

Default 09 Firecat tuning

Is there anyone on here that lives in the Houston Texas area that can help me get this bow tuned in right. For some reason my brace height with this new set of string and cables is 6 3/4 how do i get it out to 7" ? All of the pro shops around me are kinda biased , if you don't shoot Mathews they turn their heads at you.... Any help from someone that knows what they are doing and lives in my area would be awesome.......

thanks again
    fellas...
    Last edited by ksig512; 04-05-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

ksig512,
    You need to twist the cables and the string to bring yor ATA and BH into spec. Are you sure that they are the right length? 54 1/2" string and 39" cables is what they should be.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

ksig512

String and cables are at the right length, Measured them when they came in the mail.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ksig512 View Post
    Is there anyone on here that lives in the Houston Texas area that can help me get this bow tuned in right. For some reason my brace height with this new set of string and cables is 6 3/4 how do i get it out to 7" ? All of the pro shops around me are kinda biased , if you don't shoot Mathews they turn their heads at you.... Any help from someone that knows what they are doing and lives in my area would be awesome.......

thanks again
    fellas...
    I'll leave the tuning alone for now, but tell you something. The reason shops are biased is that they make higher profits from some of those higher priced bows. If you ever get a copy of Archery Trade Magazine you'll see Mathews ads that state just that way.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I see you're not getting a lot of responses so I'll give you a little help. Probably very little, but.........

How did you measure the string/cable(s)? The correct way is to put the end loops around a 1/4" post and stretch them to 100 lbs. Then measure from the outside of one post to the outside of another. This process will make them about 1/4" longer than not putting them under tension.

I say this although I have never done it. I don't worry about the specs. I set the bow up the way I want it and then do all the measuring and the specs are what they are. I don't worry about every 1/8" of BH or ATA or the last 2# of draw weight. I don't shoot my bow maxed out either.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

ksig512

well, if all of that fancy BH and ATA measurements are really needed then I will just leave all that alone... "It shoots fine, I was just trying to break the 300 mark...."

Post Thanks / Like

ksig512,
    Thats what we are saying. Twist the cables and string into spec and you should have no problem getting to the 315-320 fps mark with an IBO arrow at 29" and 70# and your cams timed and tuned.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec