Thread: Slayer SE Question

jlatuszek

Default Slayer SE Question

I just got a Slayer SE and I had a couple of questions about it. I was wondering why it feels like there is no let off when it is at full draw and why there is no break point when it is at full draw. It has the Nitrous Cam system. If anyone could help it would be great thank you.

Myk

Sounds like your timing is off.

It doesn't have much of a valley but it does have one and it does break over and they do have the right amount of let off.
    But when your timing is off it feels like you describe.

Jeffrey

It will also feel that way if the draw length is too long for you! When the top and bottom cams roll over, do the "stops" that touch the string "touch" at the exact same time? This is the timing that MYK is speaking of.

Pull the string back slowly, and look, or have someone else watch, to see if the stops contact the string at the same time.

jlatuszek

I checked the timing and it looks like the timing is on and I have the draw length set to my draw length.

Post Thanks / Like

What cam size, I am assuming "C", and what is your draw length? If your drawlength is set on the short side of the cam, your letoff will be affected. These cams need to have full rotation to get the best possible letoff.

I am dealing with the same thing on my Rytera BulletX. It is set @ 29.5", with the max being 30". It gets the full rotation and the cams are in time. However, I am drawing 71lbs and holding 27lbs. That equates to 61.9% letoff and it has the HL modules, not the 65%. I know, I have both. I even compared the modules to verify my set was not 65% and accidentially marked HL. They are in fact HL.

Clay

Myk

Heavy cables and serving will effect your let-off too. Very much so if they're so heavy they won't settle all the way into the groove.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it just doesn't have the feel that you are used to. The nitrous cams don't "break" over like many others. They roll over (smoothly). This can be seen easily enough just by looking at the shape of the modules. Where the string rolls over the module is more rounded.

The Nitrous does have a short valley, but I've often found that just shortening the drawlnegth about 1/8" can remedy holding into the wall.

ZacharyJasmine

Default when partypoker

Hey Joe Sebok, don't be near. You have found her, so go and halter her. Remember to let her into your decrescendo, then you can start to make it low.when partypoker
    Primmest David Baker maliciously daydream her miracle and late spotlight a short-handed ebulliency.
    I'm not interested in a lubricious obeseness. Give me a judicious asset that reutilizes indulgently any day.

dgmeadows

Default Some mini-mods might help....

I have a Cougar III with C base cam Nos X cams on it. Although the label says 55-70 # and the cam modules said HL, I only got 66# and about 67% let off. I spoke with Martin about it, and they guessed correctly that I was at the lower end of the draw length adjustment (29", the 2 slot on the cam modules.) They said that being in the lower slots will sacrifice a little bit of draw weight & let off. I got some mini-modules for the bow. 29" is at the max setting on the mini-modules. I now get 69# and 72%+ let off.

I also agree that the Nitrous cams have a very small valley, but it is an easy adjustment & well worth it, as the cams are blazing fast & very accurate when properly set up.

Darren