Thread: From Firecat to Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Default From Firecat to Alien X

Hey All,
    I have officially moved from the Martin Militia to the Alien Mafia. After many reoccurring limb problems with two different Firecats(an 09 and '10) I now have a 2010 Rytera Alien X. It arrived today with a nice care package containing some extra goodies too. All I have to say is WOW. This bow is flat sexy. The lines are incredible and the feel is just awesome. It is the NG1 Camo version 55-70#. Out of the box the ATA is 31 3/4" and a BH of 6 7/8". The fit and finish are beautiful. The green alien accents along with the flo green and gray strings are eye popping. I am very excited to get it all set up and fling some arrows. I'll keep you posted.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

tood s

what happened with your 2010 firecat u just recieved? joel is sending out the cams and limbs to covert my 09 into a 2010 firecat

Post Thanks / Like

Default new bow stage 2

glad to see ur happy brem, good luck on the new bow sounds like i want 1 too !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

me LOVEEEEs me alien, i got my firecat first then my X, but never would have got the cat, if i got the X first. im guessing its my last bow....ever...not because im going to quit shooting, but because i love shooting it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love my Alien X

Hey All,
    My new Alien X is set up and boy is it fast,quiet and accurate. With a peep and D loop I am getting 311fps out of a little heavier than IBO arrow. I have nothing on the string in the way of silencers and the only noise you hear is the sound of the string hitting the STS and the thump of the arrow in the target. I am holding 3 inch groups out to 40 yds(all the room I have) and still have another pin to mess with. There is no recoil or vibration at the shot. Overall I am super pleased. you can tell the difference in the limbs as they are beefier in the tip and slightly rounded on the edges that they are a better quality than the standard martin line of bow. The fit and finish are perfect other than I had to clean up the edges of the DL mods. I absolutely love it. And most important of all no limb problems at all after 300 or so shots out of it. I gave the Firecat as much a chance as I could but I think a limb quality problem was its doom. At last I heard Martin was looking into it as too many of this problem have cropped up lately.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

drm11900

Congrats on the X! Martin really is a first class outfit.

Without going into to many details, I also had numerous problems with my 2010 Pantera. I also exhausted all options of getting it to shoot right but to no avail, so I sent it in. Sure enough....bad limb. So they replaced it, sent it back, I opened the box and BAM! The first thing I saw was the laminate cracked near the upper axle. Needless to say I was P-OWD! Expecting a Alien X at my door today or tommorow. I didn't throw a fit with Martin they just offered it up right away. They want happy customers.

I'm can tell you this much, they have a return customer here! It's safe to say I'll buy Martin again.