Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadowcat issue

Post Thanks / Like

Have you called MartinArchery customer service already?

@Pic
    Wait some weeks with the upgrade if you wish to do so. There will be some changes to the limbs, soon.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Pic

I spoke to Shawn Hatem and he mentionned that I should add a few twist to each cables and that should take care of the problem. So I will try it tonight or tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

My understanding is this cam is very popular and a dream to shoot...I can't wait to get it shooting.

Serge

JayBArchery

Has any one got info on this cable rubbing problem? all Martin told me was to call my pro shop. They don,t have a clue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayBArchery View Post
    Has any one got info on this cable rubbing problem? all Martin told me was to call my pro shop. They don,t have a clue.
    Then they should call customer service and talk to some tech rep that can explain what the problem might be.. Then maybe they'll "have a clue" if they see it again. And they might be able to tell you, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the 'cable-twist-method' shoudl work as it will change the orientation of the cam in a horizontal plane a bit. It will also move the cables a bit more to the outside as the angle in the triangle formed by the cams and the cable slide is getting larger.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Pic

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    In my opinion the 'cable-twist-method' shoudl work as it will change the orientation of the cam in a horizontal plane a bit. It will also move the cables a bit more to the outside as the angle in the triangle formed by the cams and the cable slide is getting larger.

I played around with my Shadowcat cables last night, and had my ATA go between 41 2/8 up to 41 6/8 and when the bow is drawn, there still some rubbing going on.

Here's the probelem ( I think)...which has been brought to Martin's attention:

The reason, from what I can see (which may or may not say much lol) is that the 2 cable posts on both cams are the same height. Now, I know that the cable coming into the inside of the cam (close to the axle) is set on an off-set track, but as the cams are drawn, the cable starts to track towards the inside, at which point the cable are coming closer together, causing the cable post on the outside of the post touching the cable which runs close to the axle.

Hope you guys know what Imean.

Serge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pic View Post
    I played around with my Shadowcat cables last night, and had my ATA go between 41 2/8 up to 41 6/8 and when the bow is drawn, there still some rubbing going on.

Here's the probelem ( I think)...which has been brought to Martin's attention:

The reason, from what I can see (which may or may not say much lol) is that the 2 cable posts on both cams are the same height. Now, I know that the cable coming into the inside of the cam (close to the axle) is set on an off-set track, but as the cams are drawn, the cable starts to track towards the inside, at which point the cable are coming closer together, causing the cable post on the outside of the post touching the cable which runs close to the axle.

Hope you guys know what Imean.

Serge
    Serge,

I don't have an answer for you at this point, but I understand exactly what you are now saying. I'll have to look at my FireCat and see what I can come up with. I'm having a bit of serving wear on mine, but not so bad that I've taken the time to really scrutinize it. Maybe it's time to do that.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry- just curious, at your draw length does the post still cross the path of the cable? I would think that it still would or be right at it at full draw.
    Mine is set at 28.5" dl and rotates about an inch past - however there is a bit more than 1/8" clearance between the post and cable when they meet.
    That is with the CAT2's not 1.5's.
    With the 2.0's there is no way you could twist the cables up enough to do anything other than throw your cam rotation way off.
    1.5's may differ but...
    On a side note - my Rytera with the 2.0 Hybrix cams - the post stops about an inch before it even gets near the cable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Barry- just curious, at your draw length does the post still cross the path of the cable? I would think that it still would or be right at it at full draw.
    Mine is set at 28.5" dl and rotates about an inch past - however there is a bit more than 1/8" clearance between the post and cable when they meet.
    That is with the CAT2's not 1.5's.
    With the 2.0's there is no way you could twist the cables up enough to do anything other than throw your cam rotation way off.
    1.5's may differ but...
    On a side note - my Rytera with the 2.0 Hybrix cams - the post stops about an inch before it even gets near the cable.
    Your assumption is correct, Spiker. I just looked and drew the bow and the post in question rolls around no where close to a point that it could rub the cable. Looks to be at least a 1" gap. Therefore I will be of no help in this situation. Still, at least I learned something from it. Oh, and for what it's worth I have 2.0 cams on this critter.

When I had contacted Joel about switching from the older 2008 cams to the 2010 2.0 cam I asked about getting 1.5 cams, but that would have entailed swapping the limbs again, which had just been shipped to me. We both figured, that since I could get my draw length out of the 2.0 cam anyway it wasn't worth the hassle. Besides that, my Alien Z, which will end up being my #1 bow will have the Hybrix 1.5 cams.

Well, back to the drawing board gentlemen.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Yer still waiting for the Z.?? I still will order one also but since I took the Nemesis that was ordered by mistake I am going to wait till this fall to get a Z. Should be available then and have any kinks worked outta them...
    And I have no complaints about how the Nemesis shoots!