Thread: Jaguar takedown bow

jeffrey andrews

Default Jaguar takedown bow

I just purchased a new jaguar in 40#. What is the best traditional arrow rest to use to bring the arrows to center shot? Also, how do I determine which is the upper limb and which is the lower limb, they weren't marked upper or lower? I want to keep the arrow rest as low tech as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on youre new bow. Most of my customers just use a simple flipper rest and to get center shot just move it out to the center of the bow. As far as the limbs go It dont matter. I put them together then mark top and bottom so there the same if you ever take it apart again. Kenny

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey andrews View Post
    I just purchased a new jaguar in 40#. What is the best traditional arrow rest to use to bring the arrows to center shot? Also, how do I determine which is the upper limb and which is the lower limb, they weren't marked upper or lower? I want to keep the arrow rest as low tech as possible.
    top/bottom limb placement is irrelevant. Some are noted "a" and "b" so most folks choose "b" for "bottom" and "a" for "apogee"

For a rest, there is really no need to get fancy, in fact I reccomend you get the Slide Slot Nut - BP18 and a Martin Springy Rest

Post Thanks / Like

The Springy rest is a good choice. I shot one in competition for quite a while. On my Jaguar I use a Center Rest II which is a flipper style that gives good flight and is quieter than a Springy.

mike