Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar T/D limbs on Phantom 2 riser?

evilmind

Default Jaguar T/D limbs on Phantom 2 riser?

A friend of mine just gave me an older phantom 2 riser (with limb pockets) and I was wondering if I could adapt the Jaguar limbs to it. Is this possible?

evilmind

Just in case anyone tries to do the same thing I'm doing, it is possible to us the Jaguar limbs on a Phantom 2 riser. The limbs bolt up directly with no modifications and the bow shoots great. The quality of the Phantom riser is definetely better than the jaguar so it's a win win.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. This is just a great idea!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

evilmind

The riser was a little beat up so I bead blasted it. Now I just need to get a rest, any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Use a simple rest - Martin has a spring rest, which i've read is good. Or may be a Whisker Bisquit?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Oh alex..

Whisker biscuit on a recurve is a bad idea.

Take a look at the videos from my fellow countryman Werner Beiter who made highspeed studies of arrow movement.

Think about a spring rest to start with!

I thought about buying a Cougar1 and building a recurve out of it after i saw those photos. I just wodner if i could convert it to accep ILF-limbs.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

evilmind

I got a NAP center rest flipper which seems to work pretty well. Does anyone have experience with the AAE Cavalier Free Flyte rests?

evilmind

Does the Cougar have removable limb pockets? I'm sure bolt on ILF limb pockets could be designed for it. Sounds like a fun project.

Post Thanks / Like

Until 2008 or 2009 all bows had the removable pocket. The Cougar is from 2002 or so. Might even consider one of my Razor-X risers for that project.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

evilmind

The first set of limbs delaminated on the first draw so I took them back to Martin and they gave me a new set. I shot about 150 arrows yesterday without any trouble at all. This morning I picked up the bow, put it in the car and about five min later my wife and I hear a crack! The limb delaminated in almost the same spot! What is up with these limbs?