Thread: Cracked Limbs

oncechance

Default Cracked Limbs

This is my first Martin purchase and a little concerned. I see on here all of those that have had problems with their limbs. I'm hoping it is a small fraction of those that do not have any problems. So far so good, my TR1 is shooting true to where I am aiming. I will continue to check my limbs after each shoot. Should I be worried?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't worry about it myself. Martin limbs are some of the best in the business. Many of the posts complaining about limb failure are trolls just trying to stir the pot.

It is still good practice to inspect your archery equipment regularly, but don't be dissapointed it you never have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Default small percentage

Quote Originally Posted by oncechance View Post
    This is my first Martin purchase and a little concerned. I see on here all of those that have had problems with their limbs. I'm hoping it is a small fraction of those that do not have any problems. So far so good, my TR1 is shooting true to where I am aiming. I will continue to check my limbs after each shoot. Should I be worried?
    No, you should'nt worry, This board is where Martin owners come to correct problems so it has a larger percentage of posts about problems that are encountered, hardly anyone posts just to chat.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

i've had my bow for 9 yrs now and not a SINGLE PROBLEM. i don't shoot 3D or anything like that. 98% hunt and the rest only to be able to hit what i aim at. even if you did have a problem martin would take care of you, more than likely at no cost to you.
    '01 Phantom Magnum
    hostage rest
    Radial X Weave stl hunter 300
    impact sights
    '10 Firecat TR2 60#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    No, you should'nt worry, This board is where Martin owners come to correct problems so it has a larger percentage of posts about problems that are encountered, hardly anyone posts just to chat.
    Speak for yourself. I come on here to chat all the time. Just so happens that through some of my ramblings I pass on a little knowledge once in a while---accidentally.

These people on here are some of my best friends, or at least I'd like to think so. Of course, maybe that's because most haven't met me in person.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, get a flight to europe and i am sure we would be able to meet.

I am here to help but i really like all the chat and talk so that is what keeps me here.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL