Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noisy cheetah

bowhunterJB

Default Noisy cheetah

I put the sting supressor on my 2010 cheetah and now I get a loud noise from my bow. Not sure what the noise is coming from. I've read about other guys putting these on their bows and it made their bows quiet. Anyone out there that can maybe give me an idea of whats going on I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

How was the noise before the sts or did this make it worse? Is everything snug (rest, sight, quiver mount, sts, etc)? anything on the string, like leeches, whiskers, etc?
    Ray from Auburn
    2011 Mathews Z7 w/QAD
    2011 Bear Strike Blackout w/QAD
    2011 Bowtech Assassin w/QAD
    2010 Elite Z28 w/QAD
    Carbon Express Maximas
    100gr Thunderheads
    100gr Tru-fire switchblades
    100gr Cabelas CopperHeads

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure the string is about a credit card width from the STS. Also, the bow always sounds louder when you are the one shooting it. Have someone else shoot it and you stand back or vice versa.

J758

I shoot the bone hunter which is the same bow. I love it! Very quiet nothing on the string except d loop. How ever the sts will work loose after bout fifty shots. And when the sts is not the credit card distance from string. You can tell the difference in sound. The sts should work for you if set to the right distance

Post Thanks / Like

try a little lok-tite on the set screw and it should keep it from coming loose.

Post Thanks / Like

...also - if the string stopper threads straight thru the riser to where the stabilizer mounts on the front of the bow - be sure that it isnt butted up against it.

bowhunterJB

I have nothing on my string but the d loop. The bow is quiet without the sts, I've checked everything on the the bow and it's all tight. It sounds like a crack sound. Thats the best way I can explain it. I ajusted the distance between the string and the sts and there is no change in sound. I'm not sure if the noise is from the limbs now but I have the limb savers on them and it shouldnt be making noise at all. I've shot a couple of different martins with the sts on them and the noise I'm experiencing is not in any of the other bows I've shot in the past.

Bowhunter_IL_BT

Default 2010 Martin Cheetah

I just got me a new Cheetah and I love it. In fact im looking to sell my 2006 Bowtech now because I won't need it. Im normally a short draw shooter and putting in amazing groups.

My Cheetah was loud as well when I first got it. I noticed it came from the cable guard bar and from the STS being loose. Im have string silencers on as well on limbsavers. I shot the bow with nothing but silencers before and it was loud. Limbsavers did help but Im waiting to put my limbsaver on the cable guard. Im looking to try putting some lock tight on the STS next week at the pro shop. The STS will come loose after several shots and it will need to be locked in place. I will come back for an update when I test shoot it.
    Last edited by Bowhunter_IL_BT; 04-25-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Pa. Shooter

X2 with what Spiker said....make sure the STS is not bottoming out in the hole. Make sure your mod. screws are dot loose also.

Bowhunter_IL_BT

Default Update on my Cheetah

I put the limbsaver on the cable guard and it helped on mine. My bow still is a little loud still. Its not as bad as it was. I made sure everything was tight and waxed everything. I tightened up my STS tight and snug with set screw. I didn't put lock tight on the STS which was a good thing. I have a feeling the remaining noise is coming from the sight and I am using a peep tube. I may try to get a tubeless peep sight any recommendations?