Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 martin firecat missing side riser plate??

BENGAL ARCHER

Default 09 martin firecat missing side riser plate??

I have a question; hopefuly someone can help me. I just bought a New 09 LH Martin Firecat. I noticed when I unpackaged it, on the side of the riser where the the arrow rest is supposed to be installed there is a section where it is cut out for a black side plate that it did not bring from the factory. I really would like to get this side plate before I set up the bow.

Thanks...

09 Martin FireCat 70LB
    Rage 2 Blade BroadHeads

ksig512

Is it in the shape of a "u" If so mine did not come with one either. I'm not sure it there is anything supposed to be there...

BENGAL ARCHER

Quote Originally Posted by ksig512 View Post
    Is it in the shape of a "u" If so mine did not come with one either. I'm not sure it there is anything supposed to be there...
    Thanks for the response, hopefuly someone from Martin can shed some light on the subject...

Post Thanks / Like

Default This gizmo?

If this is the part you're talking about, all I know about is that there are differnt thickness of them, this one is from an older Martin Lynx, and is too thick to work on my 2nd Slayer, but the Quiktune 3000 thats on that bow is spanning the gap left by the missing piece. I have no idea what the part is called and have asked several time about it, I do know that I'd like another one to fit a 2006 Slayer.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-19-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

BENGAL ARCHER

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    If this is the part you're talking about, all I know about is that there are differnt thickness of them, this one is from an older Martin Lynx, and is too thick to work on my 2nd Slayer, but the Quiktune 3000 thats on that bow is spanning the gap left by the missing piece. I have no idea what the part is called and have asked several time about it, I do know that I'd like one to fit on my 06 Slayer
    Yea that is the part..My Bengal has one, so I assume that if there is a cut out on the riser of the Firecat with bolt patten on the riser already from the factory it should have one...

ksig512

Mine does not have that either . I dont know what that part does for the bow, but mine shoots fine with out it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Martin mount is what that cutout is for, and the piece should have been in place when you got the Firecat, if you are the first owner of that bow, let me know if you find out anything about it, I'd like one as well.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BENGAL ARCHER View Post
    I have a question; hopefuly someone can help me. I just bought a New 09 LH Martin Firecat. I noticed when I unpackaged it, on the side of the riser where the the arrow rest is supposed to be installed there is a section where it is cut out for a black side plate that it did not bring from the factory. I really would like to get this side plate before I set up the bow.

Thanks...

09 Martin FireCat 70LB
    Rage 2 Blade BroadHeads
    I can't find my 2010 catalog for some reason. Heck, who knows, I might have given it away. Anyway, I went through my 2009 catalog and the on-line store and didn't find it either. Then pulled out my parts list and the only thing I'm finding that fits the description is part # BP-97, U-shaped Inlay.

My 2008 FireCat came with one, but my 2009 Moab did not. Maybe they quit putting them on the bow. In most cases it won't make any difference as most rests span the slot anyway.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

BENGAL ARCHER

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    The Martin mount is what that cutout is for, and the piece should have been in place when you got the Firecat, if you are the first owner of that bow, let me know if you find out anything about it, I'd like one as well.
    Yea I'm the first owner, I just received it a few days ago. If that cut out is for the Martin Mount that would be great since I'm gonna install a whisker biscuit anyways but they don't make The original Martin Mount in Black for LH. I have a whisker biscuit from Trophy Ridge on my Bengal & that plate makes a nice flush mounting surface for the bracket.

BENGAL ARCHER

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I can't find my 2010 catalog for some reason. Heck, who knows, I might have given it away. Anyway, I went through my 2009 catalog and the on-line store and didn't find it either. Then pulled out my parts list and the only thing I'm finding that fits the description is part # BP-97, U-shaped Inlay.

My 2008 FireCat came with one, but my 2009 Moab did not. Maybe they quit putting them on the bow. In most cases it won't make any difference as most rests span the slot anyway.
    So why would the factory keep making the risers with the slot cut out and the pattern with holes for the screws??