Thread: Sight question

sapper1

Default Sight question

I just got my 2010 firecat and I have been setting it up and ran into a small issue. I have always been told that your sight pins should be centered on your string and this has worked well for me in the past. So I setup my sight so that the pins were centered on my string. When I shot my bow the arrows hit way to the left so I began adjusting my sight accordingly. My sight is now moved completely to the left and my groups are still a little left and of course my pins come nowhere close to being centered on my string. My sight is copper john dead nuts pro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sapper1

I just measured my a to a and brace height. A to A measures 32 3/4 and brace height measures around 6 3/4. I wonder if correcting this would help.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up new bow stage 2

check that REST

Post Thanks / Like

It's normal for a bow with a cable guard.

At full draw, the limbs are pulled over by the cables towards the cable guard. At full draw, your arrow, string and pins are all in alignment. However, at brace, the arrow is actually angled to the right.

The only way to eliminate the lateral nock travel, is to design the bow with cams that remain balanced as the cables take load away from the string and with a cable system that allows the limb tips to be pulled directly towards each other.

sapper1

The rest I am shooting is a QAD hunter and I have paper tuned the bow and it is shooting bullet holes so I think the rest is ok. Also, when I have an arrow nocked it is centered on the string.

Should the CCS system help with the issues copterdoc mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sapper1 View Post
    ....Should the CCS system help with the issues copterdoc mentioned?
    No, the CCS will not change the fact that the cables are pulling the limb tips to the side, vs directly at each other.

Decreasing the amount of cable deflection by increasing ATA and/or reducing cable loading, will reduce the amount of cable guard torque. But as long as there is an offset cable guard, there will be cable guard torque.

The only way to have a tuned bow, sighted in with the pins aligned above the arrow at brace, is to shoot through the cables.

The Nitrous-X, Furious-X, Fury-X and some other shoot-through cable systems offered by other manufacturers are the only systems that eliminate cam lean and cable guard torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sapper1 View Post
    ....when I have an arrow nocked it is centered on the string....
    Nock an arrow, and rest the bottom cam on top of your foot. Look down.

You will see that the string, is on the left side of the limb fork and thus the nock end of the arrow is as well. However, the point of the arrow, is way over on the right side of the riser.

That is a how all tuned bows with offset cable guards end up after the rest has been positioned for correct arrow flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up new bow stage 2

like copter doc said sounds right to me