Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 2 weeks with the Alien X... results and review

Post Thanks / Like

Default First 2 weeks with the Alien X... results and review

Hey All,
    After two weeks with my new Alien X I thought I would give you an update. I got this thing all set up and shot it clocking 311fps with an IBO arrow at 70# and 28" and feel the string is well shot in. I got comfortable with it but felt I could get more and started tinkering. I waxed the string real good and started playing with the DL mod, DS and cam timing. I tweaked the cables until it was coming off the Dl mods at exactly the same spot ensuring proper cam rotation as well. All said and done my ATA is 31 11/16", BH is 6 15/16", tiller even. its all cranked down and is pulling exactly 70#. I placed the DL mod at 28 1/2" and the DS right on 28". I have two arrows that i am shooting. First is a Carbon Express Maxima 350 weighing 350 grs. These come with the Bulldog Nock collor but i removed them. Shot it through the Pro Crony and got 316fps. Second one is a Gold Tip Ultralight Entrada 400. These weigh 346gr but I put the nock collors from the CXs on and they are now 350gr. Shot it through the Pro Crony and got 316fps again. Accuracy is superb. I have my pins set at 30, 40 and 50. i am grouping inside 2 inches out to 40 and 3-4 inches at 50. It is very smooth and no hand shock but I think its a little loud. I am shooting IBO arrows, with light arrows comes noise. i have nothing on the string or limbs but may get something to try and quiet it down. Maybe Bowjax or Limbsavers haven't decided yet
    For anyone looking for a lightweight shorter ATA high performance bow this is the one for you. It is great looking, fast, accurate and smooth. All together a well rounded package and well worth every penny. I could not be happier.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up new bow stage 2

thanks fer the update , when your all done setting it up i will e= mail u the address to where you can send it , i will be happy that you took so much time to get it right thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up new bow stage 2

just kidding sounds like u have a great bow !!!!!!!!! shoot straight live long~!!

duffy

i have bought myself an alien x, that i will be using for field archery in the uk, a few people from my clyb have martin bows, but i loved the look of the alien x, cant wait to receive it in the next few days

Post Thanks / Like

Default SVL Ultra Quad limb dampeners

Update to the AX. It was noisier than I would like even knowing I was shooting light arrows. I decided on SVL's Ultra Quads. These aren't cheap and the glue pads dont come off without tearing the film finish so I hoped they would do the trick. Boy did they. After applying them tonight and waiting the 45min dry time I took it out back and let one fly and it all but eliminated the noise. These things are the real deal.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    NAP Apache Rest
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brem View Post
    Update to the AX. It was noisier than I would like even knowing I was shooting light arrows. I decided on SVL's Ultra Quads. These aren't cheap and the glue pads dont come off without tearing the film finish so I hoped they would do the trick. Boy did they. After applying them tonight and waiting the 45min dry time I took it out back and let one fly and it all but eliminated the noise. These things are the real deal.
    Glad to hear a report like this. As luck would have it I know a sales rep for Simms that will give me all this stuff for free. Now I just have to get a chance to see him.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brem, Glad to hear everything is working out with the new bow. Sounds like you've got it dialed in too. I'm thinking I am gonna have to get some limb silencers for the Firecat. Just can't get this thing to quiet down as well as I'd like. But, as you said, light arrows, more noise. Looking forward to that Missouri deer season now? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love it

E,
    I sure am. This thing is awesome. There isn't whitetail that steps within 50yds thats safe.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    NAP Apache Rest
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

AlienX

Grats on the great bow mine serves me well im sure yours will to

Post Thanks / Like

AlienX,
    What kind of speeds and accuracy are you experincing with your setup?
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    NAP Apache Rest
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec