Thread: Can you upgrade 08 Bengal

O man

Question Can you upgrade 08 Bengal

I was thinking of getting an 08 Bengal because I could get a good deal on it,
    But I like the cam and wheel on 2010. Could I purchase the cloaked kit for the
    2010 and upgrade it?

oncechance

Default New Limbs and Rotocup

I believe you also need to upgrade your limbs to the new 2010 limbs and new rotocups.

drevilmike77

You can put a set of NOS cams on a bengal.

brushrat

you'll need a new riser, new limbs, new limb pockets and a differant length string.

would not be cost effective.........

drevilmike77

you dont need all that for a set of NOS cams. I have done it to a 09 Bengal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevilmike77 View Post
    you dont need all that for a set of NOS cams. I have done it to a 09 Bengal.
    This is true, but do you know where a man could get a pair of the correct size nitrous cams? They're like gold to people that have them.

Answering the OP's original question, if you buy all the components new the conversion would cost about $600. The only thing that will be useable are the e-clips that hold the axles in place. Oh, and the draw length module.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i have an late 07 early 08 moab with m-pro cam i wouldn't change a thing on my bow . it is the quitest, smoothest easy to pull bow i have.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i have an late 07 early 08 moab with m-pro cam i wouldn't change a thing on my bow . it is the quitest, smoothest easy to pull bow i have.
    sorry i thought you said moab!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

drevilmike77

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    This is true, but do you know where a man could get a pair of the correct size nitrous cams? They're like gold to people that have them.

Answering the OP's original question, if you buy all the components new the conversion would cost about $600. The only thing that will be useable are the e-clips that hold the axles in place. Oh, and the draw length module.
    what is your DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevilmike77 View Post
    what is your DL?
    Sorry Mike. I was not asking where I could get nitrous cams. I have a bow with B cams on it. I'm OK. I was just intimating that to convert a Bengal to Nitrous cams first entails finding a set of Nitrous cams in the first place--not an easy task since Marrtin quit making or stocking them a couple years ago. Shame of it is the Nitrous X was one of the best cam systems ever devised.

FYI, my Nitrous X cams are on a custom built 2005 ShadowCat with SE limb pockets. The a2A is a whopping 32" or so and the brace height measures 9 3/8". Home made STS mounted where the cable rod would be and Winner's Choice rigging. I don't think I've shot the bow for a couple years now.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver