Thread: cracked limb

zoogie@verizon.net

Default cracked limb

I'm not to happy right now,the limb just failed on my new shadowcat!!!!!
    I waited 13 weeks for this bow and this happens in a couple of weeks.it split in the fork on the bottom limb.I heard a small noise after the shot so I looked the bow over and didn't notice anything.I nocked another arrow and started to draw the bow,the noise was much louder.I let the bow back down and this time it was clear what the problem was,if I had shot it it would have been big trouble.well all I can do now is call martin and try to get some new limbs,I hear their CS is pretty good,wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at this one:
    http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...?t=6688&page=4

As long as you have the CAT2-Cam your are far from being the first one with a problem. As far as i know i was the first one to experience this problem. Nothing i am too proud of. Ask for the new updated limbs.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

zoogie@verizon.net

I must have the old limbs because the limb sticker had string and cable sizes that must have fit the 39" bow.and I have the cat 1.5 cams.

Post Thanks / Like

I can recommend to wait for the new limbs anyway.

zoogie@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    I can recommend to wait for the new limbs anyway.
    what are the new limbs? is there some sort of problem with the current limbs?

Post Thanks / Like

They experience problems with the current limbs and CAT-Cams on SHadowCat-risers. If youo call Joel ask for the new limbs. Maybe he can give you an update.

XSpot

I got the new B limbs set up today they are thicker at the top where the axels are. I had to move the draw stop back to compinsate for the thicker limb. Wow They shoot great and no cam lean what so ever. This new limb is great. New 60lb limb maxed out at 65lb. I wish the rain would stop so i can sight this bow back in.
    Last edited by XSpot; 04-28-2010 at 07:26 AM.