Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Alien X, grip and gap at a join

  1. #11
    duffy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well , if i've understand correctly the spot - No there should not be a gap! Go back to your dealer.
    i sent the bow back today.

    now i have a dilema, do i get my money back or do i purchase another alien x? more interested in the tranz cam, as i dont have to mess about with the timing, but the shop i got it from does not stock that version and cant find anywhere else in the uk that sells it, i currently have the firecat pro-x so its not like i dont have a bow.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the riser has a defect that should be covered under warranty and you should get a replacement at no cost to you. Perhaps your dealer could talk to Rytera and see if they would exchange the cams also or the entire bow ???
    Worth asking. If they are a Martin/Rytera dealer they should have no trouble setting/checking the cam timing.

  3. #13
    kangyuta
    Guest

    Default

    If you fall for one of these at best you will lose thousands of dollars; at worst you will lose your life. These usually start with an email from a bank official or the relative of a recently deceased African president or a government minister informing you that they have new york escort access to millions of dollars but need your help to get the money out of the country. The end result is that when the deal is threatened you will new york asian escort be asked for money to secure the release of the funds. Do not new york escorts under any circumstances reply to these letters, people have been murdered while following up with these scams.PhishingPhishing scams can be very elaborate, scammers send out emails to millions of internet addresses purporting to be from a financial institution, and requiring you to log in and new york asian escorts confirm your details. The email looks authentic and contains a link that you need to click.

  4. #14
    duffy
    Guest

    Default

    my alien x is at the shop i bought it from, they contacted martin and martin said its ok to have a slight gap as they are bolted/pinned or somehting like that, the gap is there due to it being dipped rather than painted, the shop inspected other alien x bows they have in stock and they said they all had a gap at the riser joins, i have decided not to get an alien x and have decided to get the firecat tr1, did want the moab in camo but they didnt have it so i know the tr1 is similar if not the moab so i went for this, fingers crossed i get it this week and can actually start shooting with it.

  5. #15
    Destroyer
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Here is a couple pics
    Does your camera have a macro setting? You'll get better close ups if you use it. Mine hasn't so I had to borrow one that did, thats once I found out what it did. Big difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    martin said its ok to have a slight gap
    Last edited by Destroyer; 05-27-2010 at 08:36 PM.

  6. #16
    duffy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Does your camera have a macro setting? You'll get better close ups if you use it. Mine hasn't so I had to borrow one that did, thats once I found out what it did. Big difference.


    thanks for the post, a bit difficult to take a pic as it is at the shop.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    my alien x is at the shop i bought it from, they contacted martin and martin said its ok to have a slight gap as they are bolted/pinned or somehting like that, the gap is there due to it being dipped rather than painted, the shop inspected other alien x bows they have in stock and they said they all had a gap at the riser joins, i have decided not to get an alien x and have decided to get the firecat tr1, did want the moab in camo but they didnt have it so i know the tr1 is similar if not the moab so i went for this, fingers crossed i get it this week and can actually start shooting with it.
    too bad, i got a black firecat tr2 first and moved to an alien. i still got my firecat if you want to trade that alien for it, its just collecting dust now

  8. #18
    duffy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ezbite View Post
    too bad, i got a black firecat tr2 first and moved to an alien. i still got my firecat if you want to trade that alien for it, its just collecting dust now
    thanks for the offer, alien is at the shop being sent back to rytera, i got the firecat tr1 as a replacement, prob use that as my back up bow to my firecat pro-x.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •