Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '08 Martin Saber

Myglock22

Default '08 Martin Saber cam questions

Hi folks I am new to the Martin world- So far I like what I hear about the bows.

Two questions for those who are versed in knowledge about Martins....
    1) Can I change my 2008 dual cam setup to the single M2 Pro?
    2) Apparently when the bow was originally ordered the individual preferred the 65% let off. DO I need new cams to have that changed to the 80%? Or can I just get new modules?
    3) Where can I purchase my requests?

Thanks guys/gals for your help.
    Last edited by Myglock22; 05-11-2010 at 01:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused.

The 08' Saber came with the M-Pro single cam. If yours has dual cams, I think they must be C.A.T. cams, but I guess they could be something else.

The C.A.T. cam, isn't really a dual cam, nor is it a hybrid.

It doesn't require a module replacement to increase the let-off %. In fact, you can easily achieve 100% let-off and lock out a C.A.T. cam bow, at full draw.

Since you are "new", I would not recommend messing with a set of C.A.T. cams for that reason. Take the bow to a Pro Shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to see a picture of this one. As Doc said, the 2008 Saber came standard with an MPro single cam. The only way it would be a dual cam setup is if it was custom ordered or was changed by a previous owner.

I'd like to know how you know the bow only has 65% letoff. There is only two ways that I can think of for this. One is that if the cam has "F" modules then the module itself would be marked f/. The other might be if the cam has a draw stop and it is set short to keep the module from rolling completely into the valley.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Could it have been bought in 08 and in reality be a 07 with nitrous cams. I would like to see pictures to.

Myglock22

The Cams say tru arc on them.
    This is some info I found from Martin about the tru arc cams. By some of the things that I read and since I will have to get new cables and string for the bow. If possible I think that I might want to go ahead and put the Nitrous cams on it. Anyone know if the Nitrous will fit right on?

TRU-ARC CAMS
    The Tru-ARC is a very unique cam system. It is technically a Hybrid Cam and it is a blend of a Dual Cam system and a Single Cam system. It has the straight and level nock travel of a Dual Cam and the timing simplicity of Single Cams. It is a very simple system to set up and it is very easy to shoot. See the following guide for complete set up and tuning of the Tru-Arc System.

As far as the let off, it is my understanding, and I could be wrong that the '08 came with an 80% L/O with the option of 65%. The bow has a sticker from the manufacture stating it is at 65%. Like I said the bow is without string currently so I am not sure if this is truly the case. That is why I was interested in knowing whether the let off could be adjusted with the current cams or if some kind of modification needed to be made.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tru-arc cams are hybrid cams, not dual cams.

Look at the modules for the let-off%, not the sticker. If they say 65%, that's what they are. If they say HL, that's as high as you can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Myglock22 View Post
    ....If possible I think that I might want to go ahead and put the Nitrous cams on it. Anyone know if the Nitrous will fit right on?......
    Yes, but you will need a longer bottom axle and the grooved bushings to anchor the cables to.

What is your DL?

Post Thanks / Like

Something doesn't apn out here. The TruArc cam was introduced in 2004. There was a flaw in the engineering and I know of several that actually broke where the one bearing fit. It was redesigned and beefed up for 2005, but was not a sucessful seller so was discontinued after 2005.

As I said, if the bow is a 2008 then the cams were changed.

Nitrous cams should fit, but you'll be hard pressed to find any. They were discontinued in 2007, upsetting a lot of Martin shooters. Frankly, rather than going through the trouble and expense of changing to another cam system I think you'd be better off to sell the bow and roll the money over to a newer model with the Acu-Trac cam or maybe a leftover 2009 model with the M2Pro cam.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up new bow stage 2

hey it couldnt be better put do what barry said sell it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    hey it couldnt be better put do what barry said sell it
    Yeah, but then in a couple weeks the new owner will come on here and start the whole thing over!