Thread: Limb Pivots

Hybrid View

rdakri

Default Limb Pivots

I had my Quest tuned and when I got it back the 4 small chrome plated limb pivots were missing. I had the 4 large ones, but the dealer is trying to tell me that the small ones were never there. I am looking for a parts list or a parts illustration to show this guy, I am missing 4 of them.

Myk

Large ones and small ones?
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

There's only 4 of the stainless mushrooms. 2 for each limb.

rdakri

Quote Originally Posted by Myk
    Large ones and small ones?
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

There's only 4 of the stainless mushrooms. 2 for each limb.
    Unlike most bows the Quest has 8 (OK) mushrooms two under each bolt and two on the other side of the bolt closer to the riser

dgmeadows

Default Sorry to doubt you, but...

I find that hard to believe. Martin has been using the same limb set up for all their bows for years, so it is hard for me to believe that they would have a different set up for just the Quest. I'm not a dealer, but I own 5 Martin bows, from 1998 model to 2005, and all of them have the same attachment from limb to pocket (except the split limb Rage, but even it has just two rockers.)

Can you post some pictures of the limb bottom and the limb pocket where the "mushrooms" are supposed to install under the bolt ?

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by dgmeadows
    I find that hard to believe. Martin has been using the same limb set up for all their bows for years, so it is hard for me to believe that they would have a different set up for just the Quest. I'm not a dealer, but I own 5 Martin bows, from 1998 model to 2005, and all of them have the same attachment from limb to pocket (except the split limb Rage, but even it has just two rockers.)

Can you post some pictures of the limb bottom and the limb pocket where the "mushrooms" are supposed to install under the bolt ?
    My oldest is a '96 model and it has 2 just like my '03, '04 and '07 models. My friend's is a '94 or '95 and it is the same.

I can't even figure out how 4 rockers per limb would work. That wouldn't allow anything to rock.