Thread: Noisy Firecat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noisy Firecat

I recently purchased a 2010 Firecat TR2 and am very satisfied with the speed and accuracy of the bow. I am consistently hitting the vitals on a Delta Buck target out to 50 yards. However, I am having the same noise issue that I have read about in noise related threads on this site. I went home last night and checked every screw and accessory to make sure that everything was all tight. Everything was tight as could be.

It seems to me that the noise is coming from the top limb or cam. When you bump the limb or gently pluck the string, you can hear the vibration in this area but nothing is loose. I noticed the noise when I picked the bow up from the dealer but he didnt seem too concerned about it.

The only frame of reference I have is my 2003 Martin Rage Magnum and a Diamond Razor Edge I got for my boys. Theirs is much quieter but I realize this is mostly because it is set on 40lbs and mine is 70. The Firecat is louder than the older Martin also.

Most of the threads I read were dealing with 08 and 09 bows. I was told that these issues were corrected in the /10 model. Any suggestions or should I take it back and let the dealer check it out?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Check to see if the E-clips on the axle are buzzing. Also it may be the cable that runs alongside the module - sometimes they will buzz against the mod.
    Plucking the string while touching all the different parts is a good way to find the source.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the 2010 models, but on my 09 Firecat, I was getting a good amount of noise from the modules. A good portion of the module extends past the tightening screw, and I noticed it tended to vibrate against the cam. I cut a piece of bicycle innertube to fit the module, then sandwiched it under the module. Seemed to take alot of the noise out, and no harmful effects I have noticed. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked the eclips last night. I can rotate them with my fingernail but they do not rattle when I bump the limb. Is this loose enough to cause noise and if so how can they be tightened? Also feels like to me that the whole upper limb vibrates when I bump the riser or pluck the string.

Thanks for the help!