Thread: Cougar 2000 xrg.

bigbob

Default Cougar 2000 xrg.

Hope some one can give me a few answers to some problems with my 2001 cougar. I currently have 8l elite limbs on which are only giving me 52lb at 30 1/2'' dl.My A2A is right on the money at 42 1/4'', but my cable appears to be 5/8'' long, measured in situ with string, the brace height is about a 1/4'' long as well.Can I just twist the cables up to get the required length or is that excessive twist.? Will that return the correct brace height and lastly give me closer to what my limbs should produce in poundage? The bow suprisingly actually shoots very well with these specs. Thanks for your help.

bigbob

To the top

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob View Post
    Hope some one can give me a few answers to some problems with my 2001 cougar. I currently have 8l elite limbs on which are only giving me 52lb at 30 1/2'' dl.My A2A is right on the money at 42 1/4'', but my cable appears to be 5/8'' long, measured in situ with string, the brace height is about a 1/4'' long as well.Can I just twist the cables up to get the required length or is that excessive twist.? Will that return the correct brace height and lastly give me closer to what my limbs should produce in poundage? The bow suprisingly actually shoots very well with these specs. Thanks for your help.
    What cams do you have and also what does the part in red mean?

bigbob

Sorry for the lack of information. the cam is a Fuzion, and what that passage in red meant was I measured the split cable by running a piece of string around it while it was still on bow. It may not be entirely accurate but the cable is definitely long. Ths stats for the fuzion state 106'' for string and 45'' for split.Some thing is really out of whack when 8l limbs are only giving me 52lb at 30 1/2''Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seems light

Gday,
    52 pounds seems pretty light to me. My son has a 2004 Cougar, nitrus B cams on Elite limbs, 7L deflection, X mods, a shoot thru bow. My 04 Cougar has 4M Elite limbs, I get 50 lbs. He gets 52# with his. One of his cables feels looser than the other 3, but the axle to axles measure the same. How twisted are your cables? I think that 1 twist in 5-6 inches is average, don't know when a cable is overtwisted but am sure someone will tell us.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

bigbob

Re -measured the cable and it is 1'' too long, so will get that fixed and see what follows. Thanks and I agree 52lb seems way too little for 8L limbs.