Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Has Finally Arrived

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Has Finally Arrived

My new "Z" came today. Unboxed it about 1 1/2 hours ago. Unfortunately there won't be any pictures for a while---NO my camera isn't broke. The bow isn't as ordered.

I ordered an Alien Z with Hybrix 1.5 cams for my 26.5" draw length. Bow was set for 29" draw. 50# peak weight. Black riser and camo limbs. 3 weeks ago I had dawn change it to black (carbon fiber) limbs.

I opened the bow a while ago and am looking at an Alien Z with black riser, which is actually a carbon fiber finish just like the their limbs. This bow has camo limbs which I could live with if need be. However, it has Hybrix 2.0 limbs which means I would have to shoot it at the lowest draw length setting to fit me and shorten a hair more with the draw stop.

A quick call to Carley at Rytera and she switched me over to Joel at Tech Support. Explained things to him and he says parts will be shipped as soon as they are available. Kudos to him. Shame on the person who built the bow. It's not that hard to read an order form and use the appropriate parts.
    We're talking cams, limbs, and string/cables.

As soon as things get here I'll git-r-done and post pics. For what it's worth this is one really nice looking riser. I did take notice that limb deflection is a 3 digit code so I assume these are Barnedale limbs. Cam is different from my "Cats", but the module is the same.

So it looks like it'll be at least another week. In the interim I just might set this thing up and shoot it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

bigbob

your luck sounds a bit like me . If you didnt have bad luck you wouldnt have any luck at all! After the wait you've had, hope you get what you ordered soon.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Shame on the person who built the bow. It's not that hard to read an order form and use the appropriate parts.
    I'd say your taking this better than I would. You would think there would be someone else who would make a final inspection before a bow is sent out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I'd say your taking this better than I would. You would think there would be someone else who would make a final inspection before a bow is sent out.
    .... Naaaaah ....

Great your bow arrived, Barry! Now we are both waiting for new limbs, so welcome in my limb-waiting-club. I hope that you will receive your new limbs and cams soon so that we will get some photos.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats Barry.!

I would say Congratulations but since it's only half there . . .
    Would you post what the limb #'s are and what it max's out at as is?
    I am thinking about ordering one (a Z) at 50# or getting a set of Barnsdales for my Firecat.
    Really would like to see the CB riser too.

Pic

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    My new "Z" came today. Unboxed it about 1 1/2 hours ago. Unfortunately there won't be any pictures for a while---NO my camera isn't broke. The bow isn't as ordered.

I ordered an Alien Z with Hybrix 1.5 cams for my 26.5" draw length. Bow was set for 29" draw. 50# peak weight. Black riser and camo limbs. 3 weeks ago I had dawn change it to black (carbon fiber) limbs.

I opened the bow a while ago and am looking at an Alien Z with black riser, which is actually a carbon fiber finish just like the their limbs. This bow has camo limbs which I could live with if need be. However, it has Hybrix 2.0 limbs which means I would have to shoot it at the lowest draw length setting to fit me and shorten a hair more with the draw stop.

A quick call to Carley at Rytera and she switched me over to Joel at Tech Support. Explained things to him and he says parts will be shipped as soon as they are available. Kudos to him. Shame on the person who built the bow. It's not that hard to read an order form and use the appropriate parts.

As soon as things get here I'll git-r-done and post pics. For what it's worth this is one really nice looking riser. I did take notice that limb deflection is a 3 digit code so I assume these are Barnedale limbs. Cam is different from my "Cats", but the module is the same.

So it looks like it'll be at least another week. In the interim I just might set this thing up and shoot it.
    Barry. mine arrives today at my US address..the one you got is exactly what I ordered, except mine is suppose to max out at 65Lbs....hope you don't have mine by accident...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this, but....Well, Barry, tell you the truth i'm not surprised. The moment i've read your previous post about changing your order, i was sure something would be messed.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but....Well, Barry, tell you the truth i'm not surprised. The moment i've read your previous post about changing your order, i was sure something would be messed.
    First let me say that I probably love Martins as much or more than anyone here. However I think I have told Barry one time or it may have been someone else that my only and I mean my only pet peeve at Martin is their inability to send you exactly what you have as far as an order. Barry and I shoot for them so what we mean is we actually send in an order form with instructions as to what we want ie. decals, no decals, black limbs, camo limbs, poundage, cams etc. you get the picture. I have yet to get a bow that was to my specs. But hey there is nothing they won't do to make it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    First let me say that I probably love Martins as much or more than anyone here. However I think I have told Barry one time or it may have been someone else that my only and I mean my only pet peeve at Martin is their inability to send you exactly what you have as far as an order. Barry and I shoot for them so what we mean is we actually send in an order form with instructions as to what we want ie. decals, no decals, black limbs, camo limbs, poundage, cams etc. you get the picture. I have yet to get a bow that was to my specs. But hey there is nothing they won't do to make it right.
    I didn't mean that Martin is a bad company which you can't trust, i just meant that i was sure something would go wrong, because when people (or companies) are under pressure they ALWAYS make mistakes.Call me a pessimist if you like
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a pessimist it cannot get worse if something happens...
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010