Thread: Ccs

raddleman11

Default Ccs

Hey everyone.

Do any of you have the CCS on your bows? I just bought a cheetah and was thinking about putting the system on and was wondering what the opinions are?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

I've got it on my 09 Bengal it adds about 5lbs pull weight. I think it silences the bow a bit and cuts down on vibrations?? Some claim it puts to much stress on the limbs and should be used with a 1/2 longer cable?? I didn't put the longer cable on and have had no additional problems.
    09 Bengal 29" @ 68#
    Truglo 5 pin
    Trophy Taker Extreme
    NAP Nightmare 100grn
    Blackhawk Vapor Pro 3000 265grn

Post Thanks / Like

For me the jusry is still out. I've got a 2008 FireCat with updated limbs and such for make it a 2010 version. This still has the conventional cable rod/slide. I had a Moab last year with the CCS. Between the two bows I still prefer the cable guard rod/ slide.

I just got a new Alien Z with the CCS. It came through with the wrong cams so the draw length is a little long, but I've shot it a few times and find that this bow is very very quiet. Just like the Moab it has a different sound to it, kind of a metalic sound, but very subtle. I can actually tell that there is a little less vibration because the cables aren't traveling forward, but I don't believe the difference is worth converting a bow that has a conventional rod/slide.

I do know that the CCS keeps the cables from traveling to the rear as the bow is drawn. For this reason it does add about 1/2? draw to the bow and increases stress on the limbs so draw weight goes up about 5#. To counter this Martin increased the length of the cable(s) by 1/2" on bows with the CCS.

I've got my own personal feeling that on a hunting bow I'd rather have a slide/rod combination simply because it's simpler. If a slide wears out or breaks it's easy to buy one anywhere and just slip it on and you're back in business. If the rollers on a CCS wear out then you have to get the parts from Martin. I don't know of any dealers that stock these parts so who knows how long you'd wait. Just some food for thought.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    on a hunting bow I'd rather have a slide/rod combination simply because it's simpler. If a slide wears out or breaks it's easy to buy one anywhere and just slip it on and you're back in business.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    If the rollers on a CCS wear out then you have to get the parts from Martin. I don't know of any dealers that stock these parts so who knows how long you'd wait.
    Gives me the heebie-geebies just thinking of trying to get these parts in Australia.

tommyhydro

Default my .02

i shoot an '09 cheetah and with the cable rod and an alpine mach 5 slide im more than happy....but then again i think that i may have every dang add-on that simms offers. if i were you i would rock it w/o the ccs. but then again thats just me