Thread: My Martin Pantera 2007 + thoughts on Martin Archery

Destroyer

Default My Martin Pantera 2007 + thoughts on Martin Archery

This is my first martin and I'm very impressed with the bow. Very quiet with no hand shock on release. The M-Pro is one of the smoothest drawing wheels I've shot, not fast at all, but very smooth.

What I really like is being able to disassemble the bow without a bow press. Love this feature.

All I need is better international support from martin, a way to buy spares and do warranty claims directly from them without having to go through local dealers who are not very local at all and seem to have no interest unless I buy directly from them.

***UPDATE***

Was impressed but no longer so.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 06-21-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The same with me. Our Martin dealer is a big (for our standards) gun shop and the guys there are very polite, but have no idea of bows and i believe the owner isn't interested in them too, because archery isn't popular here. I'm a friend of the owner of the only one archery pro-shop, but they sell Bear, Alpine and Perfect Line only.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Illyan

Love my Pantera 07 too!!!!

I looked for change it for a AlienX...but i don't want sell it for buy the Rytera...

I keep my Pantera for 2 year ever, and looking for upgrade it ^^

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Our Martin dealer is a big (for our standards) gun shop and the guys there are very polite, but have no idea of bows and i believe the owner isn't interested in them too
    Having a gun shop as an archery dealer can have its advantages, not many but some. Many years ago all the local shops here were gun & fishing stores with just a small amount of archery. Because they knew very little about bows, any warranty claims were put straight through, no arguing or hair pulling. Of course, I had to learn how to setup bows myself but that wasn't a real disadvantage, well once I knew enough it wasn't

Now only one sells archery gear and I think its all Perfectline. Whish they would stock Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Illyan View Post
    but i don't want sell it for buy the Rytera...
    Both would be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Having a gun shop as an archery dealer can have its advantages, not many but some. Many years ago all the local shops here were gun & fishing stores with just a small amount of archery. Because they knew very little about bows, any warranty claims were put straight through, no arguing or hair pulling. Of course, I had to learn how to setup bows myself but that wasn't a real disadvantage, well once I knew enough it wasn't

Now only one sells archery gear and I think its all Perfectline. Whish they would stock Martin.
    You're right about this, but unfortunately our shop orders from the USA only once a year!!! One of the guys there told me that a customer broke something on his Martin and would have to wait 8-9 months
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    You're right about this, but unfortunately our shop orders from the USA only once a year!!! One of the guys there told me that a customer broke something on his Martin and would have to wait 8-9 months
    Thought it was bad here but once a year ordering!!!

My brother wanted to order a recurve last year but was told by our local store it would take 6 months?? Instead he bought a secondhand bow of eBay and got it within 2 weeks. A much better bow too, Black Widow instead of a Samick Hawkeye, and the Widow was cheaper! .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Thought it was bad here but once a year ordering!!!

My brother wanted to order a recurve last year but was told by our local store it would take 6 months?? Instead he bought a secondhand bow of eBay and got it within 2 weeks. A much better bow too, Black Widow instead of a Samick Hawkeye, and the Widow was cheaper! .
    Good deal I've never shopped online from abroad - there is some problem with the internet trade from Bulgaria and other East European countries and i prefer not to risk. May be my first try will be with new custom strings for my MOAB because i don't think i can find good enough ones here.