Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the right beginner bow

AlleInsGold

Default Which is the right beginner bow

hello from Germany,

Im back, because I wanna change my recurve to a compund.

I shot since 5 month and have 26lbs on my recurve.

Looking for a new bow I see, that the most bows are starting with 50 or 60lbs. This is finally to strong for me! I need 30 lbs for starting learning compound.

Is there a posibility by martin bows?

I like to pay max € 450,00 without any supplies.

Cheers
    Di

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. You raised your financial limit!
    It is no problem to make a custom order and get a bow with less drawweight. Depending on the model and configurations you can get bows with around 30lbs max.

Auf gut deutsch:
    Nein, das ist kein Problem. Je nach Bogen kommst du auf 30lbs runter. Das hängt aber von der Cam und der Gesamtgeometrie ab. 40lbs sollten aber in jedem Fall möglich sein und da du die WA um 15lbs runterdrehen kannst wäre auch das noch für dich machbar.

Mit 450€ kommst du ja nun immerhin schon ein wenig weiter.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Destroyer

Buy a 50lbs bow and back the weight down to the minimum (about 35lbs). Most beginners I have seen handle at least 40lbs on a compound.

AlleInsGold

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Wow. You raised your financial limit!
    It is no problem to make a custom order and get a bow with less drawweight. Depending on the model and configurations you can get bows with around 30lbs max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Buy a 50lbs bow and back the weight down to the minimum (about 35lbs). Most beginners I have seen handle at least 40lbs on a compound.
    Hi,
    I take a look on the homepage of martin an read the data of the different models. But I didn't find some which are possible to pull down with 15lbs. To buy a 50lbs an roll back to 35lbs would be exactly the right one. So I can start with a weight I can draw and I can use it later If I strong enough for 50lbs (so in 5-10 years ) and had not to pay a new one again.

Please give me a link of the model with pulldown option of 15lbs.

ANd understand I right: Custom bow means they build it only for me? Or should I make this with a seller here in Germany.

Cheer from Germany, the land where the president step down if he say the truth about German fighting soldiers in foreign lands.

Di

Post Thanks / Like

Every Martin bow can be lowered with 15lbs, but i don't think you should buy very light one unless you have some problems with your back or shoulders. By the way- Greetings from Bulgaria, a country where the president never steps down even when he is caught with a schoolgirl
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned, all Martin bows can be backed off 15#. In many cases they can be backed off a lot more than that, although I wouldn't do so for any extended period of time.

As an example, a few years ago I was having some shoulder problems and had to back my bow down. It was a 2007 Pantera with Nitrous cams, special ordered to max at 55#. When the shoulder problems hit me I had to back it down to 27# for a few months till I built back up. It took me nearly a year to get back up to 35# during which time I sold it and got my 2008 FireCat.

The point is you could get one with 50# limbs and easily shoot it at 30# for a while till you get the feel of the bow and start adding weight a little at a time.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Every Martin bow on the page is available at 50lbs. The only one german pro shop can build you the bow you like with 50lbs, just ask them.
    Just find out which bow you want to get and let them put 50lbs-limbs on it. Then let them turn the weight down to 35lbs and enjoy it.

AD kann dir den Bogen mit 50lbs ohne Probleme liefern. Bei fast allen Bögen auf der Hauptseite sind im übrigen auch 50lbs mit angegeben, das ist nicht mal ein custom-order.

Du musst nur herausfinden welchen Bogen du haben willst und ihn dir mit 50lbs bauen lassen. Dann auf 35lbs runterdrehen - sofern du das ziehen kannst - und dann ist doch alles im Lot.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

duffy

Quote Originally Posted by AlleInsGold View Post
    hello from Germany,

Im back, because I wanna change my recurve to a compund.

I shot since 5 month and have 26lbs on my recurve.

Looking for a new bow I see, that the most bows are starting with 50 or 60lbs. This is finally to strong for me! I need 30 lbs for starting learning compound.

Is there a posibility by martin bows?

I like to pay max € 450,00 without any supplies.

Cheers
    Di
    not sure of prices, if you have a shorter draw length i would recommend martins smaller bows cheetah etc, i would personally recommend the firecat pro-x, bit longer than the cheetah and very quick duo cams, so if you get 35-50lb bow, it will be quicker with the duo cams rather than their single cam bows, so you wont have to push yourself by increasing the poundage. had a couple of their bows and find they are very well pricved and very good bows compared to other brands that sell for double the price, good luck choosing your bow

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Bulgaria, a country where the president never steps down even when he is caught with a schoolgirl
    Sounds like my kind of country
    Last edited by Destroyer; 06-01-2010 at 09:32 PM.

AlleInsGold

ok, thx @ all:

I resume:

I should take a bow with 50lbs an ask my seller to turn the weight down to 35lbs. (Why can't I do that on myself?)

And I should choose a bow with duo cams (But I don't understand why...)

Is there one model of matin exspecialy known for beginner? Some friendly (and very patient) guy give me the advice to take a bow with a axle length over 34'')