Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chose the right strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chose the right strings

I recently decidedt it was time for a string and cable change for my 09 Alien. Now there aint too many options down here in kangaroo land and what there are mostly cost an arm and leg, so I decided to try out a guy I read about on AT. This particular fella has also been mentioned by Barry on a few occasions, in a positive light i might add.

Anyway, I ended up ordering 2 sets of Alien strings from Mike Priester the owner and sole employee of H&M Bowstrings. www.hmbowstrings.com.

Now I have to admit the turnaround time aint exactly over-night express, but what you get is pure quality and the price was simply unmatchable.

I changed out the strings Monday morning, gave it a rough tune and shot more than a hundred arrows by late afternoon. Today I hardly had to do anything to have it performing like it was before the string change!

I know this sounds like an advertisement for H&M Bowstrings, but really this guy is a perfectionist. If you don't mind waiting a little longer than usual, give him a try, I think you'll like what you get.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this post, Gibson! I may need new strings soon and want some that are good and affordable. I just wonder would Mr. Priester send them to Bulgaria
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

mikes got a sale on strings right now you do have to wait for them but its worth he is one of the best great guy to work with expect a few weeks wait but more than worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default H&M strings are the best for the money

I ordered a set for my Firecat, and your right you have to wait awhaile to get them but the quality for the price can not be beat by any other I have found. I would recommend them to everyone as long as you don't need them right away. He is a one man shop and takes time to produce a quality product so you can't compalin about it in my opinion.
    Last edited by Brem; 06-01-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you are happy with those H&M's. Some follow up in the future would be nice to let us know how they perform over time.

Fellows, there is something to be said for having to wait a while to get your strings. Being a one-man operation this does show that he probably makes a good quality product and just has more orders than he can handle in a real timely fashion. You know what happens a lot in this world. Demand goes up and the company expands to meet that demand OR---the jobs start getting rushed and quality goes down. I'd rather wait and get a good product.

One of these days I'm going to keep a bow long enough to replace strings and I'll surely give H&M a chance just to see if they are as good as others I've tried. Call me a guinea pig if you want, but I like to try different products just to see if they are up to the standards I have gotten from other businesses.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave - What color H&M's did you get? Have you posted any pics with them and the new grips?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scott!!

You wouldn't believe it, my beautiful lil wife has misplaced the camera somewhere in the house, been looking for it for 2 weeks!. The strings are green and white and the grip is great.

By the way, that footy jumper I sent, the team is currently leading the comp and they've never won a premiership yet. you must've brought them luck!

All the best
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this post, Gibson! I may need new strings soon and want some that are good and affordable. I just wonder would Mr. Priester send them to Bulgaria

Yeah, I think he would, strings are light and fit in a normal envelope, just send him an email.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson 787 View Post
    Hey Scott!!

You wouldn't believe it, my beautiful lil wife has misplaced the camera somewhere in the house, been looking for it for 2 weeks!. The strings are green and white and the grip is great.

By the way, that footy jumper I sent, the team is currently leading the comp and they've never won a premiership yet. you must've brought them luck!

All the best
    Dave
    Go Team Go !!!

guntercb

Thanks for the update on H&M strings. I may be in the market for new strings and have narrowed it down to these three companies:

H&M
    Bucknasty
    Octane

I think from this post I will call up H&M and may try his.

Thanks,
    Chris