Thread: '09 Bone Hunter + CCS?

MastaMarksman

Default '09 Bone Hunter + CCS?

Hi,

I have tried calling the Martin Tech Support phone # for over a week and can't get ahold of anyone, I have also sent 3 E-Mails with no reply..

So I guess this is my last effort to get support for my purchase..

I recently purchased an '09 Martin Bone Hunter (Dick's Sport Goods Label), which from reading the forums I understand to be the same bow as the Cheetah?

It came with the STS, but I am curious if the CCS will work with this bow? I have already somehow managed to loose 1 cable slide and I would like to upgrade to the CCS.

Assuming the CCS will work, I have read several times that you should put 1/2" longer strings on to compensate for non-sliding CCS, is there a Martin P/N for the longer strings for the Cheetah's that were shipped with CCS?

Thanks,

-Masta (Chad)

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can put a CCS on your bow, but i believe the good old cable rod and slider are good enough. However, if you are determined you need a half inch longer cable, not string or you can just lower the DW with about 5# ..... i'd take the longer cable
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I finally had a Tech call me back, and they confirmed it will work!

Can anyone confirm the correct P/N for the 1/2" longer cables?

If I get the 1/2" longer cables is that going to throw off my DL/DW Nocking point, Peep sight, etc? Or will it stay the same?

Thanks

-Masta

Post Thanks / Like

When you make a change like this it is going to change everything at least a little bit. I would recommend at least checking draw length, cam orientation, and basically the whole setup. Just guessing, but about the only thing that may not change is the centershot. It would call for a complete check and/or change of tuning. Probably minor changes, if any, but still wouldn't hurt to check.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone else wanting/needing the Information for the 1/2" longer cable for the CCS, its Martin P/N 398 in 32" length per Martin Tech support.

-Masta

cplgibson

Default Opinion

Masta

Just bought MArtin Bone Hunter, ordered CCS and Part #398 32 inch cable

Wondering if yours is up and running and what u think.

Gib

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cplgibson View Post
    Masta

Just bought MArtin Bone Hunter, ordered CCS and Part #398 32 inch cable

Wondering if yours is up and running and what u think.

Gib
    Check your PM.

For anyone else reading this..

I installed the CCS on my factory 31.5" cable as Martin says it was okay to do. I backed out the limb bolts 1 turn each to compensate for the added draw weight from installing the CCS.

The CCS is noticably smoother than the standard cable guide and there does seem to be less felt vibration.

My 32" cables are in the mail from Martin so once I get those I'll have a proshop put serving on the idler and behind the CCS rollers and install the new cable for me..

HTH

-Masta

cplgibson

Default Thanks

Thanks for sharing Info very useful