Thread: Adjusting let off

Lthrnck03

Default Adjusting let off

Is it possible to adjust the let off on the 09 Bengal? If so....how do I do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is on page 9 of the manual.

You can replace the "F" module, with a "F/" module, to go from high let-off, to 65%.

You can also adjust the draw stop, to reduce your let-off even more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to Archery, So can I ask a stupid question??

Why would you want to have less let off? Does it affect the speed?

Thanks,

-Masta

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MastaMarksman View Post
    I'm new to Archery, So can I ask a stupid question??

Why would you want to have less let off? Does it affect the speed?

Thanks,

-Masta
    Just to answer your stupid question, many shooters find that a bow aims more solidly (steady) with less letoff. It forces the shooter to use the back muscles more so than the arms and shoulders. The back muscles, being larger, can do the work easier.

Although high letoff (80%) is nice for hunting you'll find a fair amount of target shooters prefer 65% or even 50%.

And I was just kidding. It's not a stupid question at all. Asking questions is how one learns--hopefully. Nothing at all wrong with asking dumb questions. Ask away any time.

Martin does have some 65% modules. As Doc said, if you shoot a bow with a cam using "f" modules then all you need to do is order some "f/" modules. Another thing a person can do is shorten up the draw stop a bit on the Bengal. Although this does shorten the draw length a tad it will keep the bow from dropping completely into it's valley, thus raising the holding weight.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    many shooters find that a bow aims more solidly (steady) with less let-off. It forces the shooter to use the back muscles more so than the arms and shoulders. The back muscles, being larger, can do the work easier.
    It also can make a smoother drawing bow. With higher let-off (80%), the weight drops off quite suddenly to a very low holding weight. This can cause you bow to shake around when you come to full draw, then you have to steady yourself even more. This is especially true when your getting tired.

Does it affect speed? Not really, maybe a few fps. I've found that generally higher let-off shoots a few fps faster. Some might find its the other way around. Where taking maybe 1-2 fps anyway, not much difference.